Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

AAEN Top End Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAEN Top End Pipe

does anyone know if these are good pipes for a polaris scrambler 400 like hp wise and what do they sound like?

Old 03-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

If interested I am going to replace my Ritter topend pipe,going to CPI.

Old 03-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

Its a great improvement over stock and makes good power. Most if not all aftermarket pipes are noisy because they have only one thin layer of steel. The stock pipe has 2 layers with heavy insulation inbetween and is quite. Even if you run the stock silencer the pipe, it is noisy compared to stock pipe. The aftermarket pipes have a lot of ringing noise. The Aaen pipe I have is well built and of a heavier construction. HPD pipes seem to crack after a while. I have seen three that have cracked and needed welding. My chrome HPD pipe I have now is just fine at this time.

good luck.................

Old 03-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: handycap
Its a great improvement over stock and makes good power. Most if not all aftermarket pipes are noisy because they have only one thin layer of steel. The stock pipe has 2 layers with heavy insulation inbetween and is quite. Even if you run the stock silencer the pipe, it is noisy compared to stock pipe. The aftermarket pipes have a lot of ringing noise. The Aaen pipe I have is well built and of a heavier construction. HPD pipes seem to crack after a while. I have seen three that have cracked and needed welding. My chrome HPD pipe I have now is just fine at this time.

good luck.................
I have seen two Aaen pipes in this area and they are NOISY NOISY NOISY!!! When mine was just piped(HPD) I ran against a guy that had an aaen top end pipe I beat him by two bikes with all things being equal (weight of rider and of equal mods). He sold his aaen and bought a HPD and after that we were so close it was whoever got the holeshot that won. I've had an HPD trail pipe for 5 years with no problems what so ever. My .02.

Old 03-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Trailblazer

i don't care how loud it is going to be anyway. The louder the better it is. also i want it to add a bit of power

Old 03-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer

so duneaholic what is the top speed of your scrambler 400 with all your mods or do you have her just set up for short drags and bottom end?

Old 03-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

I've not ever put the GPS on it on pavement but it would probably be around low to mid 80ish from what others have stated with similar mods.

Old 03-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

I had an AAEN Top End pipe on mine with just a straight stinger for drag racing, It was really loud but the louder they are the more I like them. The pipe performed really well on my bike.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: 16polaris
I had an AAEN Top End pipe on mine with just a straight stinger for drag racing, It was really loud but the louder they are the more I like them. The pipe performed really well on my bike.
ditto I run one as well on a ported motor, they are loud and its a distinct noise but all in all im not too disappointed. I bought mine off ebay and have had issues with the finish ever since. it was not sandblasted when the guy repainted it(like he said) and it has a small dent or too but it definatly made a nice power difference. clutching is alittle different since not as many people have this pipe. I like the hpd clutch stuff better as well.