Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Thinkin of buying a Hawkeye 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinkin of buying a Hawkeye 4x4

Before i got my KVF650, i was going to buy a Hawkeye 4x4. Now i am still interested in buying another ATV because i am almost 17 and have some brothers that like to go off-roading too. The Hawkeye 4x4 is everything i need and like. Theres: 4 wheel drive, IRS, it tows 750 lbs, hydraulic discs, reciever hitch and 170 lb rack capacity. I only really need it for off-roading with my family and friends and some wood-work at my cottage. Also, i may be volunteering at the local ATV club to keep the trails in shape. If anyone else thinks that another ATV is for me, let me know and i will look into it.

Old 03-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Trailblazer

Also, im kinda on a budget, so im not wanting to spend over $8000 Canadian

Old 03-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just remeber that its only a 300 cc and it doesnt have low range to do alot of woods work.

Old 03-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Range Rover

You will not need low range with this machine. I have the 2wd version and a Sportsman 500. The Hawkeye will accually climb steep hills at a slow pace better than the large machine. I find myself riding the Hawkyeye more than the large one for short rides. I am 6'4 and weight about 325 and it will tote me around with no problems at all. The way the clutch system is in this machine gives it gobs of low end grunt. You will enjoy this machine. I has a pretty good ride, but due to my size I am not comfortable for a 60 or 80 mile ride. But for short rides and work it does great. I even like the racks a little better than its big brother because they install short tubes on the sides to attach things easier. You cant go wrong for the price of this machine. The top speed is around 38, but with a smaller rider, it might get a few more mph faster or at least get there quicker.

I forgot to mention my only dislike of this machine is the tires. I am sure that a 4x4 will have no problem with them, but on the 2wd it could really use a little better meat underneath it.

Old 03-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

I went and looked at one today, i was going to buy it, but they were only willing to give me $700 for my 01 Trailboss on the trade-in so no deal. It definitely needs larger tires, but it looked like a good machine, there is VERY little protection for the front drive shafts however.

Old 03-18-2006, 10:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

HEY, DONT BE FOOLISH AND BUY A POLARIS. MY FATHER OWNS 2 POLARIS ATVS (TRAILBLAZER AND TRAILBOSS) TIE RODS HAVE WENT ON THEM CHAIN AND PROCKETS GOING ON THEM AFTER 6 MOTHS, IGTION SWITCH GOING AT A YEAR OLD, AND ALOT OF MICS ANOYING THINGS. I PERSONALLY THINK THE HANDLING ON THEM SUCKS. HE HAS A HONDA FOREMAN IN FIVE YEARS ALL WE HAVE DONE IS NORMAL MATIENCE(CHANGE OIL AJUST VALVES). THERE TOUGH AND RELIABLE!!!. IF YOUR GONNA GET A UTILITY GO WITH HONDA AND SAVE YOURSELF ALOT OF TROUBLES DOWN THE ROAD. IAM SORRY IF I PISSED ANY OF YOU POLARIS GUYS OFF BUT THATS MY UN BIEST OPINION. ID GO WITH A RANCHER 350 OR A RECON.<u>Text</u> CRAZYATVSPAZZ

Old 03-18-2006, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

LMAO, i've had my Trailboss for 5 years and beat the snot out of it. Not a single problem, except for the rear brakes always needing bleeding.

Old 03-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

whats in the water in wellsburg???

Old 03-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

CRAZY.
Turn off the caps. I've liked the hawkeye since it first came out. Im saving for a scrammie though.

Old 03-19-2006, 01:19 AM
Range Rover

Crazy thats funny I had a 91 Trailblazer that the only problems I had was I broke the chain last year and had to put brakes on it a couple of times. It still runs like a sewing machine. I sold it to a fellow that rides with us last fall and he is beating the snot out of it. The only reason I sold it was because I did not have room for it. But the Foreman is a good machine. My wifes cousin has one that he drives instead of a car. In two years he put 36000 miles on it before he blew it up. Not too bad but not great.

Quick Reply: Thinkin of buying a Hawkeye 4x4