Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Gorilla winches from Ebay. Check them out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gorilla winches from Ebay. Check them out!!!

I have a wireless remote, it is not installed at this time. It is a Prince brand. I got it on ebay. I had it on my last quad. It has a slight delay. When you let go of the button, the drum continues for about 1 sec before it shuts off. I took mine and put a pigtail on it, wrapped it in like 6 ziplock bags and alot of duct tape with the pigtail and antenna hanging out. I labeled the wires for connections to be made. Mine is by no means any kind of water resistant. The remote looks pretty good though. No chances anyway, It stays in 2 ziplock bags. The range of 100 feet is accurate. One more thing, Usually the quad will not be recovered too easily without you steering and helping out with the throttle. The mud suction will usually dominate an idling quad. Sure you can get it out like, that but alot of battery dischage will happen and the winch performance may suffer. I've found that the wireless is usually only good for walking the rope out, which you could easily do with the cam release. Anyway, thought that I would give you my tryed and tested results. I doubt that it will go on this quad! Anybody interested?

Old 06-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Trailblazer

I would like to get the Gorilla Winch for my 04 Honda. This one Winch

Anyway I'm a little confused it says that its a package deal with Model Specific Mounting plate.. But some of you guys are just saying its a fairlane mount. But the picture they show looks like a whole mount to me with the Fairlane connected to it.

Whats the deal? Cause you can get just a 2500 Pro (grey one without mount for like 30 dollars cheaper without the Model specific Mount plate.)

Old 06-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Malkuth
I would like to get the Gorilla Winch for my 04 Honda. This one Winch

Anyway I'm a little confused it says that its a package deal with Model Specific Mounting plate.. But some of you guys are just saying its a fairlane mount. But the picture they show looks like a whole mount to me with the Fairlane connected to it.

Whats the deal? Cause you can get just a 2500 Pro (grey one without mount for like 30 dollars cheaper without the Model specific Mount plate.)
That is what it looks to me also, mine is to be here Wed with the model specific mount. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Range Rover

Well I went to use my winch for the second time and the **** will turn to the freewheel position but I cannot pull any cable out.the only way is to use the rocker switch to unwind the cable.Any ideas?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Trailblazer

Here is the truth about Gorilla. Not bashing the winch just the company behind them.

Gorilla Company "AKA" PROBUS LLC is suppose to be a China outsourcing company that helps other companies in the US find a decent China manufacture for there products and product Ideas.

What they actually are is a Company that originally started out as this and still claim to be. But now they actually take the Ideas of there customers and the products of other companies import them for themselves and start there own side company called OneTouchToYou"OneTouch2you" and "Outdoor2you" (one of there main Ebay accounts). They also take there customers products and other Companies products and send it overseas to make copies of the product. Copies all the way down to the manuals. They know absolutly nothing about ATV's or ATV Winches, they are only in this to make a quick buck on what ever product they can.

They have stolen Product Ideas.

They are as twisted as they get.

They do not care about anything but to make a buck off of other peoples Ideas of a great product.

Check out there website.. They have three Customers listed on there website, but they own all three of them LOL

If you need to reach them "Gorilla" you can call them at:

George Lee 763-545-8510 George Lee
OR
Tom McCullough 763-545-8511 Tom McCullough

Thats the truth like it or not or don't care, there it is.

Now to answer your questions

Yes the Gorilla now comes with dedicated ATV Winch Mounts, this is a very old forum and at the beginning they did not and now they do. But beware they may not be that accruate becouse as stated they know nothing about ATV's. I have heard of a few like the Kawasaki Brute Force Mount they sell doesn't work on the 750 but they listed it as it did and found out that it only works on the 650.

rsking45

How is there service department? Do they have Replacement parts? "I do not see a section to purchase replacement parts"

As for wireless remote
Personally I am not a fond beleaver in wireless remotes. They are not that safe and they do not work all of the time. There is a reason why Warn doesn't offer Wireless and it is a safety issue. Come on, be honest if a plane could fly off of Cell Phone reception would you fly in it? LOL It may not be that bad but I have heard of some horrer stories of the cable not stopping in time and wrecking stuff and peoples fingers. Not Cool.

Anyways hope this was helpful.

Well know you have a contact Number for Gorilla Winches.

They do not like to answer phones so they will probably change there phone number. LOL

Later and keep all fours down

Old 06-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Range Rover

Well I contacted George lee,Thanks cboelman, I was told that this is a nothing that they heard of before and they are sending me out a new winch.I recieved shipping conformation from DHL today. Nothing was said to me about sending them the winch taht is already on my atv.
I would say that this is very good service.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

rsking,

If you play in the mud the freespool will not work for the simple fact that the gears and freespool get clogged full of mud. You can take it apart and clean the mud out of it and it will work fine. I like to play alot and found mine to do the same thing. Once I cleaned it out it has worked fine ever since. It only takes me about 30 min to take it apart and clean it. My winch sits real low on my quad so in most cases it is in the mud but if it sits high you should not have that problem often. The reason for the problem is the spool seals are not tight so it lets the mud in. The warn spool seals fit alot tighter so they dont have that problem as often. The seals are only a few $ from warn. Mine has got me out of alot of situations and is still working good. Just a little more maintenance than the warn.

Old 06-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

I’ve been following this post for a while and I’m one to preach because it falls on deaf ears but today I’m stepping on to my soap box.. Personally I think its funny how some folks have no issue buying solely biased on cost and never give things like quality, support, service and copyright infringement a second thought. This winch is stolen technology. The Chinese are famous for this that is why they can keep the costs of thee products low. They don’t do the R&D. Not to mention their stuff is not manufactured to the same specification as the brand name products are. It’s even funnier that many of you complain when it does not work flawlessly. You get what you pay for. I work in an industry where intellectual property is stolen and it costs big money but the customer always pays the piper because big business passes the costs onto the consumer. The Chinese sold over 8 billion $ worth of crap here last year that was stolen intellectual property. I give them some credit here because there not selling it as a Warn winch but they still cheated Warn because they did not pay for the right to use the technology How would you feel if someone sold your SSN and used it to buy a new car and some other stuff and in the process ruined your credit. You’d be pissed off not to mention the cost in restoring your good name. In summary what you are buying is an illegal copy of the Warn 2.5ci. My advice is to buy the real thing.

Old 06-29-2006, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: madmatt1971
I’ve been following this post for a while and I’m one to preach because it falls on deaf ears but today I’m stepping on to my soap box.. Personally I think its funny how some folks have no issue buying solely biased on cost and never give things like quality, support, service and copyright infringement a second thought. This winch is stolen technology. The Chinese are famous for this that is why they can keep the costs of thee products low. They don’t do the R&D. Not to mention their stuff is not manufactured to the same specification as the brand name products are. It’s even funnier that many of you complain when it does not work flawlessly. You get what you pay for. I work in an industry where intellectual property is stolen and it costs big money but the customer always pays the piper because big business passes the costs onto the consumer. The Chinese sold over 8 billion $ worth of crap here last year that was stolen intellectual property. I give them some credit here because there not selling it as a Warn winch but they still cheated Warn because they did not pay for the right to use the technology How would you feel if someone sold your SSN and used it to buy a new car and some other stuff and in the process ruined your credit. You’d be pissed off not to mention the cost in restoring your good name. In summary what you are buying is an illegal copy of the Warn 2.5ci. My advice is to buy the real thing.

Yeah... kinda like how former pres...Bill Clinton sold military knowhow to them... sucks huh.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Although you make a good arguement and valid statement but no one knows where they are made when they buy them. To me at first I thought it was remanufactured warn winches because looking at them side by side with a warn I could not tell the difference. There are companies that will sell over stock, returned , and defective items all the time and the people that buy the stuff will put a generic name on them.

Quick Reply: Gorilla winches from Ebay. Check them out!!!