Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Apologies to forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2000, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the post was clearly off the topic of atvs but hey, that is sometimes a welcome change of pace after reading a gazillion posts about which quad is fastest. Who knows maybe someone complained about the post because they had their own off topic post deleted in the past. I would think that would open the door to have some people who have had off topic posts deleted start notifying the moderator whenever a post was even remotely off topic. I can see a need to draw the line somewhere with posts being about other topics, but I don't think the original log house post was drawing a whole lot of attention anyway. I've had one of my posts modified by the moderator in a way that appeared kind of strange to me but I imagine moderating this forum could get kind of boring after a while so maybe they were just looking for something to do.

Old 11-14-2000, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

A couple days ago the moderator delete my "GIRLS RIDING ATV's" topic in three forum sections and put it in other atv topics.

I was trying to see how many girls ride atv's so I posted in three different forums, its not like all girls ride the same atv I had to do that it was the only way.

IM NOTIFYING THE MODERATOR!!!

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

/////////////////////////

THIS POST EDITED BY THE MODERATOR:

The ATV Connection Forum Guidelines prohibit profanity, whether used directly or indirectly. You have placed your Forum posting PRIVILEGES at risk. Continued use of foul language WILL result in disciplinary sanctions up to and including TERMINATION of your posting privileges. Thank you for your cooperation in helping to make the ATV Connection Forum a suitable site for the whole family.

Moderators log all instances of foul language. Three strikes and you're out.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

ATVBBS

///////////////////////

Old 11-14-2000, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

You guys are way out of line ! This message board isn't a democracy !

SHEESH !! Next thing you know, you'll be asking for the right to free speech.

garrison56@home.com

Dave

Old 11-14-2000, 09:54 PM
Trailblazer

I DEMAND A HAND RECOUNT!!!

Old 11-15-2000, 12:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yes, we can pursue many other options! There is no controlling legal authority! The Will of the People, must be obeyed!

(And if you believe this, you can buy this{} watch!)

Old 11-15-2000, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider

Hound dog didn,t i tell you they would deleate it. I bet Gore is the mod and he has not been getting his way so he needs to pick on us. But remember he invented the internet. So that must make it his. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Old 11-15-2000, 04:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crawdad,
hey,what you talking about?Since when is finding old wilderness camps and timberframe barns that are found WAY out in the wilderness, OFF topic?

What better way to locate these camps or barns than on an ATV?Or do you think he should have posted in the HIKING forum?
Bill

Old 11-15-2000, 07:54 AM
Pro Rider

I had the chance to read this post before it was deleted. If I remember corectly he did ask in his post if anybody out there had one for sale. Someone replyed to it saying "watchout for the moderator" and and shortly thereafter they were both deleted.

Old 11-15-2000, 09:19 AM

Houndog,

Re your post entitled “Apologies To Forum”:

You wrote, “I made an admitted off topic post last night…”

The ATV Connection Forum Guidelines EXPRESSLY prohibit classified advertising. These are guidelines you EXPRESSLY agreed to observe when you became a registered user.

In accordance with the ATV Connection Forum Guidelines, your post was deleted. You were also cordially invited to use the FREE ATV Connection Classifieds to post an ad that specifically reflected what you wished to buy. The ATV Connection Forum is NOT intended to be a “Flea Market”.

Please REREAD the ATV Connection Forum Guidelines and familiarize yourself with the “DOs” and “DON’Ts” of posting messages. Thank you for your cooperation.

ATVBBS

///////////////////////

Old 11-15-2000, 09:20 AM

Scramdaddy400,

Re your post entitled “Girls Riding ATVs?”:

You wrote, “I was trying to see how many girls ride atv's so I posted in THREE (emphasis added) different forums…”

The ATV Connection Forum Guidelines EXPRESSLY prohibit duplicate posts across multiple forum topics. These are guidelines you EXPRESSLY agreed to observe when you became a registered user.

In accordance with the ATV Connection Forum Guidelines, all but one of your posts was deleted. The remaining post, which was of a GENERAL nature and not specific to any one brand of ATV, was thus appropriately moved to the “Other ATV” topic.

Please REREAD the ATV Connection Forum Guidelines and familiarize yourself with the “DOs” and “DON’Ts” of posting messages. Thank you for your cooperation.

ATVBBS

///////////////////////

Quick Reply: Apologies to forum