Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Apologies to forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2000, 11:08 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes ATVBBS, as Bill Ciliberti said "what better way to find one than on an ATV". I know that a lot of my friends here are lucky enough to live in areas where these types of old cabins are. Half the fun of riding these distant trails is running across history like this.
Once again - I apologize for the post, but if any of you guys find any buildings like this - please e-mail me about their whereabouts, so I can load up my awesome Polaris, and ride out to see them. If they're on somebodys land, let me know how to get a hold of them so I can get permission to ride on their land.
ATV'ers are tops!
Houndog

Old 11-15-2000, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

Little boy blue......???

Old 11-15-2000, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

Am I missing something?

Advertising is not allowed on these forums; a guy advertised something to buy or sale and his post was deleted.

Is this a big deal?

Is the event worth a couple of pages of whining?

"Free Speech," last time I read the First Amendment, had to do with the Government, not a private outfit like the ATV Connection, or Time Magazine, or the Dallas Morning News; all examples publish "for sale" items in their classified departments, not the discussion or letters-to-the-editor sections.

This argument over duplicate posts confuses me too; you don't see the SAME letter-to-the-editor on EVERY PAGE of a newspaper or magazine; you don't even see a paid advertisement on every page; why should duplicate posts be in EVERY forum of the ATV Connection?

Diogenes

Old 11-15-2000, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Houndog,
I was unable to read your post before it was deleted,however,if you were trying to sell[classified advertising]] something,there is a classified ad section that the Mod wants everyone to post in.Im not certain,but I think thats what the Mod is talking about,
Bill

Old 11-15-2000, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

I've had posts deleted in the past because they we're considered "classifieds ads". I don't know if anyone has tried atving.com's classifieds, but they really aren't set up good at all. At a minimum, you should be able to search by state or area. It is a poor system, in my opinion. It is nearly impossible to find a vehicle or sell a vehicle because you don't have a clue where the vechicle is located. It would take forever to send emails to all the quads for sale asking where they are located. Just my opinion.

Old 11-22-2000, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

On this forum one learns who is who real fast. I was told I couldn't highlight my website because it was advertising. However i wrote a letter saying then why is it others can. Not response, and not surprised either. I could of been asked to change the name of the site, but they didn't, I had to remove it from my profile all together. We all know no one elses site is a face to lead to other areas. NO WAY. My, gosh if advertising on these forums was what i was doing, then i sure am not going to pay for it. I didn't get ONE person more from here and could prove it with my counter. But,,,,,,, never mind, me showing my atv pictures probably broke them, they proved to me they are here to better atving, not just themselves, YEAH RIGHT!!!

Old 11-22-2000, 04:16 AM
Trailblazer

I wrote a controversal post and got a reprimand. I don't think people are treated equally around here.

Old 12-01-2000, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

As some of you know,I was banned last night to.It seems that a certain moderator [e-mail me if you want to know who I think that Mod is] did'nt like the abbreviation I used in disclosing my happiness towards my dealership for doing such a great,fast job on my ATV.[No profanity was used]

I knew the word I used and spelled was no big deal,however,a certain moderator felt it was profanity and warned me againt using it again.

I e-mailed this moderator back and explained my disagreement with him,he banned me.

I e-mailed Dave Beckstrem today and told him the entire story,he agreed that some Moderators were getting way out of hand but that he did'nt really have enough time to talk to them yet.Anyways,Dave agreed with me and he reinstated me back to the Forums,thanks Dave.

This editing our words and certain posts is getting WAY out of hand by some moderators,and im suggesting that you also E-mail Dave with your dis-pleasures to.Thats the only way we will get rid of this problem.

It seems to me that this one moderator in particular beleives that the forums are a church group of some sort,and therefore should be ran like one.

While I am in total favor of a moderator,lets NOT turn the Forums into a ''YES sir NO sir Forum,
Bill

Old 12-01-2000, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

i agree bill, i think the moderator thinks that there are pre-school children that read this forum and might be offended. Is't amazing that only the moderator gets offended buy some of the things said, funny i though this was the USA and we had FREE SPEACH.

later
jon

Old 12-01-2000, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

led,
I beleive that I have more posts in these Forums than any other member,and I did'nt get that way by using profanity in my posts.

It is very appearant by Dave Becktrems reply to me that im not the ONLY one in here complaining to him.Its a good feeling that Dave stepped up to the plate for a concerned member.

I also want to keep it clean in the Forums,but there is a huge differance between clean and MILITARY SPOTLESS, [LOL]
Bill

Quick Reply: Apologies to forum