Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Finally took the 800 EFI plunge!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 09:10 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally took the 800 EFI plunge!!

I finally made my best deal and ordered a new 06' 800 EFI in red & black. I have to wait a week for the accessories to arrive and be installed. I went with the Polaris front & rear brushguards in black, a Kimpex rear seat/box made to hold an extra gas can behind the seat, (Because of all the horror stories Ive heard on here about poor gas mileage), rear passenger foot pegs/fender guards, ATV cover, and a tall polaris windshield. I couldnt think of anything else to buy while at the dealers, considering he gave me 10% off with free installation of parts. Can any of you folks think of what else I might enjoy before I pick this beast up?
Thanks for all the help with answering my questions. It helped me greatly in my decision to buy this model. Will

Old 03-23-2006, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider

Great news!

Wait until you ride that for a week...then get back on your 500. I did this and thought my 500 was broke! It is that much faster you will never look back.

I also have a Kimpex box and foot pegs on one of my 500 there real nice.
You will have to remove the windshield, or you'll never get bugs in your teeth[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2006, 09:41 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: DSLKSL
Great news!

Wait until you ride that for a week...then get back on your 500. I did this and thought my 500 was broke! It is that much faster you will never look back.

I also have a Kimpex box and foot pegs on one of my 500 there real nice.
You will have to remove the windshield, or you'll never get bugs in your teeth[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I almost didnt buy it because my 500 is still like new and has always given me much enjoyment and performance. I will keep it because unfortunately, I would end up giving it away to a buyer. Its worth much more to have as a spare or for when I have a couple over to visit.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:53 AM
Trailblazer

My first thought was a winch, but then I remembered how much Polaris charges for them. So just get that on your own. But being in maine you might consider a set of heated grips.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: magna29
My first thought was a winch, but then I remembered how much Polaris charges for them. So just get that on your own. But being in maine you might consider a set of heated grips.
I am considering this however, this is the first time I'm trying a windshield, which is large enough to keep much of the cold wind from hitting my hands. I am thinking this might help in the colder weather. Any truth to this reasoning???

Old 03-23-2006, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

Congratultions on your purchase! I am envious of your list of goodies. I will take a look at the Kimpex accessories. I am sure that you will enjoy it. Report back after you've had a chance to run with the windshield on for a while. I am interested to hear your opinion on it.

Old 03-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Trailblazer

I am considering this however, this is the first time I'm trying a windshield, which is large enough to keep much of the cold wind from hitting my hands. I am thinking this might help in the colder weather. Any truth to this reasoning???
I have only been to Maine once in the summer, so I dont claim to know what your winters are like. (although I hope to someday do some hunting up their and find out!)
I have used a windshield in Michigan's winters. It helps a great deal, escpecially when plowing. But my hands still got cold on long rides.
Nothing beats having to stop, turn your grip warmers down to low, and let your hands cool off when its below 0 on a ride.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

liam 51, Just a respose to the windshield issue. As you already know I have the new short polaris chrome and black polaris handgrips on my machine. I didnt think the short windshild would do much and got it mainly for looks. When seated on the machine it dosnt block view at all but really helps with the wind at high speed.

Highly recomended.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: trailbound
liam 51, Just a respose to the windshield issue. As you already know I have the new short polaris chrome and black polaris handgrips on my machine. I didnt think the short windshild would do much and got it mainly for looks. When seated on the machine it dosnt block view at all but really helps with the wind at high speed.

Highly recomended.
Trailbound, I went to the dealer with the intent of buying the chrome windshield. He didnt have one there to look at and couldnt answer my question: Can you see through the chrome? or is it solid chrome coloring? So, I went the safe route and ordered the clear, tall one. I do like the looks of the chrome one better though.

Old 03-23-2006, 08:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: liam51
....., a Kimpex rear seat/box made to hold an extra gas can behind the seat, (Because of all the horror stories Ive heard on here about poor gas mileage).....
You've heard right, and your planning ahead will pay off. Mine gets 12- 13mpg, so extra fuel is needed.

Let's see.... something else to go with the new 800? A set of good 27" mud tires won't rub your plastic, with a new set of rims, of course! Do you feel like a kid in a candy store yet? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Finally took the 800 EFI plunge!!