new owner 330 trailboss

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 11:51 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts
Default new owner 330 trailboss

Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks scootergptx[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] hey too bad polaris do not make a 90 cc thats a green sticker for my kids. i'm in the market for a brand spanking new one. any very knowlegable people out there willing to express their opinions on one i should consider huh? honda? with electric start that's cool huh?

Old 03-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: la90043
thanks scootergptx[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] hey too bad polaris do not make a 90 cc thats a green sticker for my kids. i'm in the market for a brand spanking new one. any very knowlegable people out there willing to express their opinions on one i should consider huh? honda? with electric start that's cool huh?
My opinion on the kids quads is that the Yamaha 125 Breeze aka new 125 Grizzly is about a good of kid quad as you can get.My son had a 2001 125 Breeze that we bought brand new and it had everything I wanted on one.4stroke,reverse,lights that work.It held up great and had enough power for anyone to have fun with.

Old 03-29-2006, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

hey ftwflh i have a 12 year old and a 14 year old. i have to buy a 90 cc model correct?

Old 03-29-2006, 07:48 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldnt waist my money on a 90cc quad for kids that old.Chances are the 14 yr old wont even fit on it and the 12 yr old will bore with it very quickly.A quad that doesnt fit a kids size is more dangerous than than one with a bigger motor.That is as long as your kids WILL listen to you about safty issues.My son is 13 and rides a 350cc Yamaha Warrior and handlews and respects it better than most grownups.But he started on a 50cc when he was 5 and gradually went to bigger like the 125 Breeze then to a 250 Trailblazer (that was highly modded) then to the 350.Both of us always wear helmets,boots and most the time full gear.I dont feel it is right to make him wear safty gear when I dont so I do too.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:51 AM
Trailblazer

ftwflh is correct. You will want to go with a bigger quad. The dealers recommend the 90cc for a 12yr old to cover their butts, but realistically, your 12 & 14yr olds will be too big for it. Take them into a dealership and have them sit on one, you will see what I mean! My daughter races a 90cc Polaris Predator and she is 8yrs old. There are a few older kids (12&14) who race in her mini quad class with her, and they look way too big to be riding the 90. There is no leg room for them.

If they do not have any experience on a quad, I would make sure you give them lots of ride time before making any modifications to their quad. Most accidents happen when kids are riding quads that are too much for them. Also, being 12 & 14, your kids may give you a hard time about wearing helmets. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER let them ride without a helmet - even if they are putting around the yard. I am sure you already know that, but so many kids have head injuries that could have been prevented if they had just worn a helmet.

Have fun and ride safe! Riding quads with your kids is a great bonding experience!

Old 03-29-2006, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

thanks for safety lessons. yes as we all do we cherish our sons and daughters and we'd feel guilty if something were to happen to them. no safety gear no ride period. hey bout that 90 cc. is that not law? bout kids under 16 must ride a 90 cc huh? cause i really dont want to buy a 90 cc. one kids 14 and gee she's at 5'7" dudes! she might be closer to 5'8". while the other one she's 12 and took after her yorkshire terrier. she's bout 5'0" lol!!. but besides that buying a 90 cc is a waiste of money. so then is it law? if it is law what would i need to know when at the ohv parks if a ranger, sheriff came up to us and started asking questions huh? or just dont worry bout that and go and get a vehicle that is appropriate for them?

Old 03-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

It's my understanding that they cannot sell a larger quad to someone who is not 16. Just a cya for them. If the kids aren't with you when you buy it, and don't say it's for a kid, they won't know the difference. But you can buy one and they can ride it. They might have to have a safety certificate saying they've taken a course. But as far as a law banning them from riding a larger quad, has not been passed that I know of, yet.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Trailblazer

The ages listed on the quads (by the manufacturer) are recommendations, not laws. If you are not sure about requirements in your area, check your state laws. I live in Indiana. My daughter is 8yrs old and races her 90cc at AMA & District 15 sanctioned races and they don't give her any problems. (Polaris recommends you be 12yrs or older to ride the 90cc)

Scootergptx is also correct. If you go into a Polaris dealer and tell them you are buying a quad that is larger than what the manufacturer recommends for your childs age, they will not sell it to you. It is not a state law that they are following, it is the manufacturer that is requiring them to do it. All you have to do is tell them you are buying it for your wife (or, if you are not married - your girlfriend.) Like I said before, they are just trying to cover their butts.

Good luck making your choice!

Old 03-29-2006, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for clearing things up yoou guys! i see the light beyond! ok i'll check state law and take it from there. but iv'e had that funny feeling in me that is a recommendation. and if so my kids will be taking the safety course and i will too with them. that'l open up their brains to safety safety safety.

Quick Reply: new owner 330 trailboss