Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Should I buy a Polaris?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I buy a Polaris?

lText Listen to your buddies DO NOT BUY POLARIS!!! They have great features but they break down way too much!!!

Old 04-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

I have three now, my 2000 SP500 still starts up in seconds and runs great every year they keep getting better!

Old 04-07-2006, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer

all i gotta say is whoever says polaris is not reliable go kill urself cuz ur a retard!! ok

Old 04-08-2006, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

QUOTE.
[/quote]I dont think you really understand whats going on here.... a scrammy is not a tank at all... it is faster then the yamaha 660 and i recommend that for viper because he is going to be riding with the kawi 700 and a 330 would be way way way too slow[/quote]

Woah... Maybe I have had too much beer tonight but you lost me on that last post man. "i recommend that for viper because he is going to be riding with the kawi 300 and a 330 would be way way way to slow"

Huh?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Here i go again rambleing on...

Rob... Whatever you do.. I would not get anything below a 500 personally. 499cc engine minimum. ANd yea stay away from the first year stuff.

I almost went with a EFI but if something happens in the woods at least i can work on my carb.

My 500 compared to the Kawi 300. The Kawi is pretty fast for a manual cutch. But is alot lighter also. THe 500 will run circles around the Kawi power wise.Dont get me wrong the Kawi will keep up on a trail ride but it may be a little harder to do so. Plus on trail rides your not going to go 70 mph down a trail.. I think on average we were going abou 10 mph on trails, thru brush crawling speed.

My Yamaha Big Wheel is a 200 CC engine and on the trail ride it kept up with the big boys and excelled thru shi* that the big boys had major problems going thru. The BW made them look bad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The big wheel is a dam neat little bike. We went about 60 miles and I used about 1.3 gal of gas the whole time.

THe features I like about my 500 HO..
FULL steel skid plate.
AWD switch, no screwing with a 4x4 lever.
IRS ride.. independant rear susp.
EBS-engine breaking system
I also went with the 500 because it has starter recoil backup. If my battery dies inthe woods I have a recoil to start my engine. Plus the Fuji Industries 500 is a proven and bulletproof motor. Do a search here on the 500 engines.

I am fully happy with mine. Like I said do your research. I did mine. Look up some atv clubs in your area and go to one of their meetings, talk to the members who have ridden and see what they say. Go to different atv site and just read.

Go look at the machines, look at the bellys, look at the storage, check out the feel, ect.. Research..

If it was me I would stick with the utility quads. You can do more with them like I said, snow plowing, hunting ect. Only thing I think your gonna miss between the sport and utils is speed.

The last ride I went on there were 9 atvs. 7 Polaris 1 honda and 1 bomb 800. No one broke down. I did pull out the Honda thou, he got stuck in snow.. Yeah I got a pic of that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

check out
www.atvfrontier.com
www.quadsquad.com

Oh yeah your friends are full of bs. ;D hahaThe Polaris is gonna match up with the Jap quads.

I am not talking from my butt. I ride a Polars, I have ridden a Kawi, have ridden a Honda and have ridden with Yamaha sports ect. All themanufactures make good bikes. Just do your research.

A few things to remember.
1- whatever way you go make sure it is you that is happy, after all are your friends paying for it? Be comfortable with your purchase. I didnt buy mine until i was 100% comfortable. With the bike and dealing with the dealer. I could have got it at any dealer I wanted to but one that i went to treated me good, explained everything from the get go, wasnt full of crap, didnt play pricing games. Funny thing it was a farm impliment store. Check out those places. You can get some good prices on them. My dealer beat the others by a few humdred dollars.
2- The most important thing is to have fun. Isnt this what it is all about?
3- Never ride alone. Get a riding buddy. If you get into trouble he may bail you out.
4- Take a atv safety course.

My opinion. The best bang for the buck. Go with the sportsman 500 HighOutput.

Good luck man in whatever you decide to get *cough cough polaris cough* Just kidding..

Hey I have my Kawi for sale [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2006, 03:39 AM
Pro Rider

thought i'd let you know about my personal experience w/ my scrambler.

My scrambler X is a 2x4 limited edition 2002 model. At the time that i bought it i rode with warriors, 300ex's and a blaster, so the scrammy pretty much dominated those things. The thing is that in '05 some of my buddies bought YFZs and Z400s. But i didn't have the extra cash to buy a pred at the time (had just bought a truck). Long story short, i beat the h3ll out of my scrammy to keep up with those guys. I ran it on motocross tracks w/ them and long wide open trail rides, and kept right w/ them. (even won some of the flat track action b4 the YFZ guy got totally used to his machine... lol, he was pissed) anyway, my point is i totally put that thing through years of torture, and know what? still fires up first time, every time. The 500HO engine is a work of art and the scrambler is an excellent machine for you. if you ever get bored w/ the power (not likely) it is a lot more buildable than most of the other jap utility machines... a FST 600 kit makes that thing an absolute monster! hope that aids in your decision. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2006, 03:46 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Viper65
QUOTE.
I dont think you really understand whats going on here.... a scrammy is not a tank at all... it is faster then the yamaha 660 and i recommend that for viper because he is going to be riding with the kawi 700 and a 330 would be way way way too slow[/quote]

Woah... Maybe I have had too much beer tonight but you lost me on that last post man. "i recommend that for viper because he is going to be riding with the kawi 300 and a 330 would be way way way to slow"

Huh?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Here i go again rambleing on...

Rob... Whatever you do.. I would not get anything below a 500 personally. 499cc engine minimum. ANd yea stay away from the first year stuff.

I almost went with a EFI but if something happens in the woods at least i can work on my carb.

My 500 compared to the Kawi 300. The Kawi is pretty fast for a manual cutch. But is alot lighter also. THe 500 will run circles around the Kawi power wise.Dont get me wrong the Kawi will keep up on a trail ride but it may be a little harder to do so. Plus on trail rides your not going to go 70 mph down a trail.. I think on average we were going abou 10 mph on trails, thru brush crawling speed.

My Yamaha Big Wheel is a 200 CC engine and on the trail ride it kept up with the big boys and excelled thru shi* that the big boys had major problems going thru. The BW made them look bad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The big wheel is a dam neat little bike. We went about 60 miles and I used about 1.3 gal of gas the whole time.

THe features I like about my 500 HO..
FULL steel skid plate.
AWD switch, no screwing with a 4x4 lever.
IRS ride.. independant rear susp.
EBS-engine breaking system
I also went with the 500 because it has starter recoil backup. If my battery dies inthe woods I have a recoil to start my engine. Plus the Fuji Industries 500 is a proven and bulletproof motor. Do a search here on the 500 engines.

I am fully happy with mine. Like I said do your research. I did mine. Look up some atv clubs in your area and go to one of their meetings, talk to the members who have ridden and see what they say. Go to different atv site and just read.

Go look at the machines, look at the bellys, look at the storage, check out the feel, ect.. Research..

If it was me I would stick with the utility quads. You can do more with them like I said, snow plowing, hunting ect. Only thing I think your gonna miss between the sport and utils is speed.

The last ride I went on there were 9 atvs. 7 Polaris 1 honda and 1 bomb 800. No one broke down. I did pull out the Honda thou, he got stuck in snow.. Yeah I got a pic of that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

check out
www.atvfrontier.com
www.quadsquad.com

Oh yeah your friends are full of bs. ;D hahaThe Polaris is gonna match up with the Jap quads.

I am not talking from my butt. I ride a Polars, I have ridden a Kawi, have ridden a Honda and have ridden with Yamaha sports ect. All themanufactures make good bikes. Just do your research.

A few things to remember.
1- whatever way you go make sure it is you that is happy, after all are your friends paying for it? Be comfortable with your purchase. I didnt buy mine until i was 100% comfortable. With the bike and dealing with the dealer. I could have got it at any dealer I wanted to but one that i went to treated me good, explained everything from the get go, wasnt full of crap, didnt play pricing games. Funny thing it was a farm impliment store. Check out those places. You can get some good prices on them. My dealer beat the others by a few humdred dollars.
2- The most important thing is to have fun. Isnt this what it is all about?
3- Never ride alone. Get a riding buddy. If you get into trouble he may bail you out.
4- Take a atv safety course.

My opinion. The best bang for the buck. Go with the sportsman 500 HighOutput.

Good luck man in whatever you decide to get *cough cough polaris cough* Just kidding..

Hey I have my Kawi for sale [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][/quote]

Actually i stated that he will be riding wiht the 700 Kawi if you look closer and if that is true the 330 would be way to slow

Old 04-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Range Rover

Since 1993, Ive owned one Honda 450ES, and eight Polaris's, ranging from a 1993 350
2- stroke up till now, an 06' 800 EFI. I would never buy anything but a Polaris ATV. Your buddies want you to buy their brand because, "Misery Loves Company". Nuff' said......
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Trailblazer

I've had 2, a 500 and 700 Sportsman. both reliable and sorry guys never broke down. If I was to choose again today I would go with the 500. There is enough power for anything you throw at it, it gets better gas mileage, and the engine has been around for years so it should be more reliable. I guarantee you buy the 500, add a lift kit, and 25 inch tires (27 are too big imo) you will hang with all the big boys, and your jap owning buddies with their 3 wheel drive systems will be asking you for your tow rope!! Bombardier also makes a good quad, but from my own experiences and riding buddies we love our Polaris'. I have a friend with a trail boss who uses a Rubicon for a push quad at the races and he's taken it offroad, he would much rather ridehis Polaris because the Honda rides too rough. Polaris sells more quads than all the others for a reason, they are good and give you the most for your $$. Buy one and laugh at them when they get stuck. Count me as one who is glad I "dared to be different" in 1999 with my first polaris. I was a honda man until then, not anymore.

Old 04-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

The scrambler is a great quad for what you want to use it for. Its not realy sporty and not real utility but the 4wd works great and its a great trail quad. I wouldnt exactly call it fast though unless you got a used 400 scrambler and put some mods into it. You may want to check out the Kawasaki kfx 700. Its sporty and fast and auto. Way sportier than the praire but not 4wd.

Old 04-08-2006, 06:52 PM

Originally posted by: Robc65
I am shopping for my first ATV. I have 4 close friends who have been riding for quite some time and all ride Jap quads. They all have different quads and each are trying to convince me that what they have is the best. One of them let me keep his Prairie 700 for a few weeks for a long term test and I decided it's a nice quad but to big and top heavy for my back yard trail system. I'm looking for a quad that is sporty yet has an auto trans and selectable 4wheeel drive. The scrambler seems to fit my wants but when I mentioned Polaris to my buddies you'd of thought I insulted their girls friends. I heard things like.

"You are crazy to buy a Polaris."

"Polaris is junk and will fall apart on the trail"

"You will spend lots of money keeping it running"

"Jap quads are more refined than Polaris quads"

"Polaris quads are for Rednecks"

I just don't believe all this stuff. Why would so many people buy Polaris if they are junk. What is the real deal? I don't care what my friends are saying. They don't own a Polaris quad. They are basically just repeating what they read and hear.
Your "friends" have no basis upon which to make such foolish statements. They are ignorant biased fools with no first hand knowledge and are simply repeating like little parrots what they hear from their Japanese selling dealers.

This comes from a separation of "cultures".........for years people became used to the Jap bikes........it became very familiar to people.........then along comes Polaris and it's very definately NOT a Jap machine.....and it's very different. THAT means it's unfamiliar and strange and scary to the Jap bike establishment and they treat them as if they're some sort of alien creatures.

Go out and get yourself a nice scary alien Scrambler creature and horrify all of your ignorant little parrot friends.......you will LOVE a Scrammy.

Good Luck, Bob

Quick Reply: Should I buy a Polaris?