Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

hows the new outlaw?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006 | 08:34 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default hows the new outlaw?

ive seen a couple of new outlaws out around me and was looking into buying one...wut do any of yall think about it..???

Old 05-02-2006 | 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

They're very fast for the extra weight. My buddy has one and it's great. He can climb up washed-out gravel piles like nothing where as a predator gets caught up easy in the same line. He tried going through 3-4 feet of mud and water and it didn't fair to good so don't expect it to be good in muck. I feel you don't have to wrestle it nearly as much as a pred or any other solid axle quad. Looks good too. Great buy in my opinion.

Old 05-03-2006 | 02:13 AM
Pro Rider

*agrees*

They shine on trails and are actually faster than most anything when the going gets tough. Nice machines and for a first year model we have not heard of a single issue w/ them (i'm honestly shocked) Outlaws seem like great machines. Kinda wish i would have waited... but oh well...

Old 05-03-2006 | 03:40 AM
Pro Rider

ive heard of the rear grab bar gettin hot because of the exuast

Old 05-10-2006 | 02:40 AM
LW
Trailblazer

I drive an Outlaw for desert & mountain riding. They' re great trail sports quad. They love whoops, rocks, and rough terrain. Please don't think they are the fastest out there. The Outlaw out performs the other Sports Quad in rough terrain, but not on groomed motocross track. Two articles (reality check) on Outlaws: ATV Action, May 2006, Z400 vs. Outlaw and Dirt Wheels, June 2006, Outlaw 500 vs. Raptor 700. Personally I need a machine that can do whoops and rocky terrain. I looked at the Wolverine, but it does not have the suspension and clearance I desire for my rough desert riding. The other real sport performance quads are better on trails that are tight, fast cornering with sliding. If you want a machine that great with wheelies with little ground clearance, I would get the Suzuki LT-450. And if you ride areas with major temperature & elevation changes and don't won't to use Dial-a-Jet, then consider a machine with EFI, like a Raptor 700.

Old 07-10-2006 | 12:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey,
i drive a polaris outlaw
ivehad for like 2 months and i love it i think it is a great buy
i take it on tracks and every thing and i love it
it is a great quad and i think it works good pretty much any were

Old 07-10-2006 | 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

This is probably the best sport quad for the woods or rough terrain. Give them another year of R&D and I bet it'll start sweeping the sport machines with IRS. I was very pleased with power and stability.

Old 07-10-2006 | 09:10 AM
Pro Rider

they can be fast in the trails,but not as fast like mine,i've seen the helmet of the guy behind,
dusting face!

Old 07-12-2006 | 11:57 PM
Trailblazer

I now have a outlaw and so far i love it the only issues i have is yes the grab bar does get hot and the seat comes off but i have been told all you have to do is put a cotter pin in the latch and solves the problem, but it is definitely worth it I love it.

Old 07-17-2006 | 05:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

I recently purchased the Polaris Outlaw and I can say happily that I am very pleased. I was torn between about 4 different bikes and I finally setteled on the Outlaw. I just came back from some crazy mountain trail riding and I was extremely immpressed with this quad. I rode with some friends that had quads including a 700 raptor, ds 650 and a couple of hondas 450 and 400. I can say that after riding all day on some trails that included rock climbing thick nasty mud and stumps and roots the outlaw shined like a champ. I was the only one who never got off of there bike to push off or out of some kind of jam. The quad works efffortlessly in extreme terrain. The bike that I was most considering beside the outlaw was the 700 raptor and after that day of riding I was convinced I made the right decesion. As far as out of the hole performance I was again impressed with this machine. I really didnt expect to hang with the machines listed above and also a kfx 700. In about a 100 yard sprint I stayed in a tied second with the 700 raptor and only the ds 650 had us nudged out by about a half a bike. Going past that range the bigger bores started to flex there muscle. The only two issues I have heard on this quad is the hot handlebar above the tailpipe and the seat unlatching in which neither were an issue for me. I never had to grad the rear grab bar because I never got off the bike and when I did grab it to load it, it was only warm. As far as the seat coming unlatched, it has unlatched for me yet and I have got about 30 hrs on the quad so far. Polaris really hit a home run on this quad as far as I am concerned and I believe a couple yamaha fans felt the same way after trying to stay up with me on the trails.

Quick Reply: hows the new outlaw?