Seriously looking at 800 E.F.I.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seriously looking at 800 E.F.I.

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: DSLKSL
Nothing is "bulletproof " go read there forums and see all there issuses.
Ride what you like and take care of it , like it needs to be cared for.
Thats about the most true statement i have read [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

if you ride, you will break chit on whatever you ride, and you will have to fix it.

Refreshing. Much better to hear that kind of stuff rather than running all of the other guys into the ground.

Pastor, you're getting good advice. Compare them all if you can and get what you like. Good luck.

Old 05-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

Pastor...

Springtuckyn is right, you have to take care of your machine. Treat it right and it will treat you right....

IF you want to ride a Polaris talk to Ragged... I am sure he would be happy to let you try his out... Or come riding with JayDeeCoy and myself. Ill let you ride my 500 HO... Jay I am sure would be willing to let you ride his Bomb 800.. The ride is nice on the Polaris. The ride was nice on the bomb (IRS).

I did ride his Bomb 2 weeks ago. It does have alot more power than my 500. But doing down trails at 72 mph isnt my cup of tea.. I just dont see the need for that much power. ALthou it would be nice.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The 500 is going to be able to go the same places at the 800 will.

Talk to the guys up at Mack's I got a sweet deal up there from them. They beat CDA and Allsport by about $500.00

My friend has a 06 Rubicon. I let him ride my Polaris last week..(Not brand bashing here) He did say the ride was way better and the power was better as well, he could lift the front wheels off the ground with my 500 and couldnt with his Honda. I tried as well with his Honda and couldnt. We went hill zipping out at 7 mile.. The polaris went up no problems. His Honda got stuck halfway up (really sandy hill). He had it in 4x4 and the Honda was acting like it had no power what so ever, it was lugging down bad and died out on him. This happened twice. IMO. I kinda think after riding the polaris he was regreting buying the honda. He got off the Polaris and all he said was "Man thats nice". Honda does makes a nice machine. When I was looking for a new one I didn look at the Honda's but they were too pricy for my blood.
I rode his also. He has a straight axle. I didnt care for the ride of it, to me riding each I do prefer the ride of the IRS over the SA.

As far as reliability. I have 111 miles on mine and have has no problems at all so far.

See ya Pastor.

Old 05-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Viper65
Pastor...

The 500 is going to be able to go the same places at the 800 will.

I had orig. agreed to buy a SP 700 EFI and I was all ready to sign the paper work. before I signed my name I thought to myself why do I need 200 more CCs? that same statement popped in to my head.

after looking at the numbers towing, weight capacity etc. I could not justify it.

the 800 is a brute, and i know a few people with 800s and I know even more with 500s and they all work the same. hell the owners of the 500s actully use them to work.....

Old 05-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: Viper65

I did ride his Bomb 2 weeks ago. It does have alot more power than my 500. But doing down trails at 72 mph isnt my cup of tea.. I just dont see the need for that much power. ALthou it would be nice.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The 500 is going to be able to go the same places at the 800 will.
Doin 70+ down the trails aint my cup of tea. but with a top speed of 70 that means you can cruise forrest roads at 50 and be in economy mode. My cup of tea is pullin up to the bottom of a hill climb and stabbin the throttle and hangin on for all im worth while shooting the hill. I feel the polaris requires some clutch modifications right off the bat.. it feels to slippy to me i guess.

Old 05-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: six6six

the 800 is a brute, and i know a few people with 800s and I know even more with 500s and they all work the same. hell the owners of the 500s actully use them to work.....
Yessir.. The SP500 is a nice machine. and will go every bit as many places. ours is a 2000 and its still runnin strong and its been used and abused beyond recognition.. Its stripped down currently lookin more like a scrambler with a nice rear rack. all the racks and bumpers and such are off the front after it had a run in with a stump. it was parked in the barn for over a year after than incident and a few weeks ago it was decided it should be resurected. Fired right up once the battery was charged.

Old 05-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

Speed is NOT the only factor involved here. Backwoods and rugged performance is more important than all out spped to me. I have heard of a few issues regarding the Bomb. It is a sport/ute where the Polaris is strictly utility. I already have another sport/ute so i am looking for something that has it ALL. I feel the polaris has it. That is not to say that some mods wouldn't make it even better. Speed is NOT everything. I've been there.

Old 05-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Range Rover

my 700 EFI is fast, and it has it ALL.... I take it on the dunes/beach/woods/haul logs/gear.. never been lacking in any aspect IMO.

checkout these dudes at www.atvobsession.com they seem to push 'em pretty hard.

Old 05-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Poindexter660r
I would look at the Outlander 800. It is super sweet for the same money (or less).
the outlander is actually about 1000 to 2000 more than the sportsman 800

the 800 is a fantastic machine, i had an 800 and we still currently have our 500. if your working, you wont find anything better than the 500 EFI. but if you really want performance, satisfaction, and a perfect ride with extras, the 800 is the only way to go.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah man the ride of the Sportsmans is awesome- the best out there plain and simple. I had an 04 Sportsman 400 and it's ride was noticable better than my KQ's...but the Sportsmans are diffinitely more for utility than a KQ, but still are for play. I like my KQ better only because it has more power than my 400 did...but I'm pretty sure I'd like the 800 just as much or more than my KQ....from what I've heard the Polaris 800 is a wheeling machine and it's faster than the KQ...and probably more stable with it's weight.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Range Rover

the outlander is actually about 1000 to 2000 more than the sportsman 800
The Outlander 800 retails for exactly the same price as the Polaris 800 EFI. The prices are listed on their websites, see for yourself.

I guess some dealerships might be discounting some machines more than others. In Dallas, both the Pol and the Bomb dealers are discounting these machines about $1000. The Outi comes with a 3 yr warranty. Pol comes with 6 months, so add another $300 or so to compare apples to apples.

It doesn't matter, Pastor wants a pack mule, not a thorobred.

Quick Reply: Seriously looking at 800 E.F.I.