Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

scrambler starting to fall apart?????why

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scrambler starting to fall apart?????why

i have a 99 scrambler 500, i have had it since brand new. it was a indestructable quad or about 2 years of riding and now its falling apart SO BAD. so far i have broken a u-joint, bent a yoke, broke a timing chain which bent my valves and damaged my piston, blew out a hub, destroyed 2 clutches, broke 6 belts, 3 chains. and the list goes on. i really dont beat on it that hard, its never been rolled or wrecked. my friend is COMPLETELY PARTING OUT HIS 2000 scrambler due to nothing but problems and he didnt feel like fixing it or trading it in because it wasnt worth anything and it wasnt worth fixing, WHAT THE HECK, were did i go wrong. anybody else have problems like this or did i get the lemon of the scramblers??????

Old 05-30-2006, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

i have always been an advocate for regular maintenance.... chassis lubes, oil changes, routine inspections of critical wear parts. it necessary to do on a scrambler, ESPECIALLY if you ride water,mud, sand. if you dont do these things often enuf, ANY quad will fall apart just the same.

with a 4x4 machine, theres twice as many moving parts to keep an eye on.

X

Old 05-30-2006, 06:28 PM
Range Rover

Its just old.....................And if you ride through mud,sand,snow,ect and is a 4x4 then it
makes it worse and it depends on how much it is used and kept. If you had oh lets say a
97 sportsman 500.You dont have a garage and it stays outside.You live where it rains in the
summer with temps in the 80s and snows in the winter in the 30-40s.It gets rode at least
once every week.If thats the case then it will be wearing out fast and will be nothing but junk
but if you take care of it,garage it,and have regulary scheduled maintenance it shoud stay fine.

Old 05-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: scramblerXrated
i have always been an advocate for regular maintenance.... chassis lubes, oil changes, routine inspections of critical wear parts. it necessary to do on a scrambler, ESPECIALLY if you ride water,mud, sand. if you dont do these things often enuf, ANY quad will fall apart just the same.

with a 4x4 machine, theres twice as many moving parts to keep an eye on.

X
Couldnt have said it better myself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but MAINTANANCE,MAINTANANCE,MAINTANACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you do that these things will last along time.

Old 06-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 400L4x4
Its just old.....................And if you ride through mud,sand,snow,ect and is a 4x4 then it
makes it worse and it depends on how much it is used and kept. If you had oh lets say a
97 sportsman 500.You dont have a garage and it stays outside.You live where it rains in the
summer with temps in the 80s and snows in the winter in the 30-40s.It gets rode at least
once every week.If thats the case then it will be wearing out fast and will be nothing but junk
but if you take care of it,garage it,and have regulary scheduled maintenance it shoud stay fine.

Are you saying if you ride your atv once a week it will fall apart faster ???? i wantt otride everyday ??? so who make a atv for me more and more im going to get a honda there bulletproof....

Old 06-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: craw8101

Are you saying if you ride your atv once a week it will fall apart faster ???? i wantt otride everyday ??? so who make a atv for me more and more im going to get a honda there bulletproof....
All of them will fall apart even if only ridden once a week if you dont clean them and check them over after EVERY ride.EVEN A HONDA
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2006, 06:58 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ftwflh
Originally posted by: craw8101

All of them will fall apart even if only ridden once a week if you dont clean them and check them over after EVERY ride.EVEN A HONDA
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I'm sorry to say my friend has 2001 Honda rancher and the way he treats that machine borders on quad abuse if it would have been anything else the law would have stepped in and took it from him with no chance of visitation rights.
it has seen no care given to it at all sits outside uncovered in all weather no oil changes no nothing it has over 10,000
and starts everytime the only thing he has changed is tires.
Polaris machines need more care given to them but I do not know why they have bigger stronger parts then most machines and they need the most care go figure.
I still like polaris machines though but to say all other machines are the same is just not so... just my 2 cents