Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

reed cage conversion for TB?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reed cage conversion for TB?

ok i was lookin for some more stuff for tha ol TB and i came acrossed a reed conversion kit so i called up az badboys (www.azbadboyz.com) and all it is is a stock banshee reed cage put on the TB but in my opinon they want way to much for this conversion $550 is what dude told me. i have got all my parts from Rick Ritter and i love the parts so dose anyone know about this conversion?

http://bbs.off-road.com/ubbthreads/s...Number=1329369 this guy says he can beat a stock 400ex.

Old 05-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dennis shotwell builds some fast bikes the only other company I think that offers one is HPD and im not positive. theres I image alot of work in getting the reed block on there and ported. new piston,reed etc. that price isn;t bad imo.

Old 05-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Trailblazer

its not just the reed cage. that includes porting, head milled and new piston

Old 05-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it looks like u dont have any engine work yet..so its probably worth it for u because all ht stuff that will be done for 550 is a deal when u figure porting a bore and a piston will cost that

Old 05-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Range Rover

so its a good deal! thats great but dose it add some power? i still wanna run it on pump gas....im poor lol if its well worth it ill do it when i get the $$ and how long will this take? will i be able to smoke a piped 300ex?

Old 05-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

A reed conversion with porting will add alot of power and throttle response. If you have a good pipe with reed conversion and good port job it will add almost 20hp at the crank. You should easily take a 300ex and hang pretty well with a 400ex. The 250 has alot of hp in them. With the right mods they can hang with Banshees. Guys have stroker kits with reed conversions, 38mm carbs race flywheel, etc... and they scream. It all depends on how deep your pockets are. It is great pulling up to a 400 ex and they look at you like you are crazy untill you leave them in the dust.

Old 05-30-2006, 09:51 PM
Range Rover

well im 17 and i make some ching and i can blow it on my toys. will this sacrofice any relibilty? i guess thers alot of qustions. i have a rcr pipe/silencer cluch kit and i have it geared so i hope that i can get my money soon. how long dose it take? i can still run it on pump gas or no?

Old 05-30-2006, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

if you look at my sig you will see I have the az reedcage in mine. There is alot of work they do to the cyclender. They have to too cut new ports an add port to the piston. I have been running mine in racing for 2 year an been running great. If remeber right the cost of adding the stroked crank is not much when done altogether.

Old 05-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Range Rover

THATS BAD TO THE BONE! i like that it looks great! how long it take him? and bout how much is addin that crank and how much power it give you?

Old 05-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

I belive if you get the 7mm storker it add lke 49cc so it is closer toa 300cc motor an belive it add 6-9 hp depending on gas. You wil need to ask denis at AZ bad boyzz I think it is a couple hundred more. But I belive tis is what setup he beats banshee with but on race gas. You might want to see if he wants your clucth too to setup for the motor hp change. I think mine on race gas is running around 42-45 hp

Quick Reply: reed cage conversion for TB?