Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

spyder6 - this ones for you (or anyone else that can answer this)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006 | 11:45 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default spyder6 - this ones for you

Hey, you seem to be running nearly the same as me, but currently my k&n clamp on is giving me some grief (barking). I ran it with the stock airbox bottom attached, and then off. I changed the groove settings on the needle from 2,3,4,5 to 6, then back to 2. I adjusted the air fuel screw to above three turns and under three turns. The quad runs fine with the 175 jet and the stock air box with k&n filter, but since I have a clamp on filter, I want to use it. Any ideas

Old 06-02-2006 | 08:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default spyder6 - this ones for you (or anyone else that can answer this)

hmm...

now this 'clamp on' filter that your talking about. it is a round K&N filter that you're clamping directly onto the carburator opening right? no airbox at all?

if i remember correctly when i did this project in the fall last year, my fuel needle is on the third clip, and i turned my fuel air mixture screw out i want to say 3 or 4 times. the fuel air mixure screw is really only for when your starting up your quad, it gives no real effect durring run time. what kind of jet kit are you using? i used Dyno-Jet. the reason i ask is because dynojet supplies a new (and different shape) air needle for you to install.

Old 06-02-2006 | 12:19 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

yep, clamp on is the round k&n, and I am using the dyno jet needle and jet. I have worked the needle setting from pos#2 to pos#6 and the airbox removed. I also tried to limit the air coming in by using the bottom half of the airbox (keeping it attached). The best I can get is moderate hesitation in the mid part of acceleration through each gear.

Old 06-02-2006 | 05:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

what elevation are you at? have you tried using the 170 Main Jet? remember to let your engine warm up to full operating tempature before you mess around trying to find out where your mids and highs are. my predator is a peice of crap untill its warmed up, it wont start without a choke, and it has no mid end till hot