Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

How fast is a stock Predator and a Piped one HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006 | 06:51 PM
Trailblazer
Default How fast is a stock Predator and a Piped one HELP?

Well, not to **** no one off, but the pred. does smoke the rapter and the 450 wins in short distance barely by a half a length, but when the preddy will pull away when it hits 4th for sure. everyone were i live has a 450 and i race them all the time and get the same results. and the actuall topic if you put a hmf pipe on the preddy it add the most hp(9-12hp).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2006 | 08:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Breezer
Yeah. I agree with woodsracer. They do suck horrible. Whatever.
dude u have a sportsman and ur agreeing with a dude who just said polaris sucks

Old 06-16-2006 | 12:01 AM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!

9-12 hp with pipe... dream on. and if you think a pred can even stay close with a YFZ450...give me some of what ur smoking

Old 06-16-2006 | 01:51 AM
Trailblazer

I LMAO at all these non-Polaris keyboard racers continuously claiming how bad the predators are and how they are turds and get spanked by 450's and ride like chit. I guess all the awards the predator has racked up in the last 3 yrs. must not mean anything. Are you guys for real ? I guess there has to be a reason to justify the reason why you spent the extra $1500 to buy a smaller cc quad and come on here and rag on a top notch quad that will do everything just as good if not better. They are all great quads and the 450's are no joke either now a days but you can't argue with the facts - The Predator , dollar for dollar, is the best equipped sportquad you can buy on the market today( 06 TLD going for $5300 OTD around here) . If you know how to pipe-jet-gear and do a few other tricks that I won't mention, they are one of the quickest around that will embarrass a big majority of the sportquads - been there-done that. So to all you predator haters, I have owned every brand out there -the list is long- and I must say there is nothing wrong the Preds. It ranks right up there as the most reliable and quickest bikes I ever owned. I'm done with this thread - this subject has been beat to death too many times-Peace

Old 06-16-2006 | 02:36 AM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

I need to get me one of those 9-12 hp pipes...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2006 | 08:50 PM
Trailblazer

One of these days when you are out of drug rehab you will realize that preds suck. Only reason I could see anyone wanting one is because of the seat, if you prefer same sex fornication, then you would like the ***** up the rear feeling seat!!!!

Old 06-16-2006 | 10:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jrpowersports
One of these days when you are out of drug rehab you will realize that preds suck. Only reason I could see anyone wanting one is because of the seat, if you prefer same sex fornication, then you would like the ***** up the rear feeling seat!!!!
That sounds like experience talking right there...

Old 06-17-2006 | 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

Know what's sweet? when a new member asks for information on the Polaris Forum, most all of us shut up except for people with experience in the category. Example: I don't respond on a topic about sportsmans or Hawkeyes cause i know nothing about them. But other people show up and start transcribing dirt wheels non-sense for all of us to read. Sorry guys, but it's true that the Predators rocket away from almost everything in fourth. I'll grant that a lot of the 450's are nice bikes, and to be honest the throttle response and instant acceleration from them being lighter is nice. But it is a FACT that the Pred has a higher power to weight ratio than these machines it just takes it a little more R to really get moving. I also enjoyed the coment about Power/Weight and how it talked about weight... and that's all... Lets look at the numbers:

46HP/415lbs = .1108HP/lb
37HP/350lbs = .1057HP/lb

Interesting figures when you actually include POWER in the POWER/WEIGHT ratio isn't it? But since you folks have your newly renewed two-year subscriptions, you obviously know everything about how these units compare so forget what I say. Hey i think Dirt Wheels is doing a 450s vs. Jesus shootout next month!

Bottom line: Banshe1086 asked how fast they were. The answer is PRETTY DAMN FAST! There are some obvious disputes between the Pred croud and the 450 croud, so buy whatever you want because to be honest rider ability is what makes all the difference b/c most of the new four-strokes are REAL close anyway... it pretty much comes down to brand loyalty or features (reverse, wider stance etc.) so no one will ever agree anyway.

Old 06-17-2006 | 12:59 AM
Trailblazer

HaHa. I Agree with ScramblerXLE.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2006 | 03:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Steveo500
HaHa. I Agree with ScramblerXLE.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Ditto...and like Scrambler I'm getting tired of hearing about it.

Quick Reply: How fast is a stock Predator and a Piped one HELP?