Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Dirtwheels Vs. Atv Action

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirtwheels Vs. Atv Action

Ok, i know im late in making this post considerin the topics been out but, i just read the Wolverine Vs Scrambler shootout in dirtwheels the other night. The whole beginning and middle of the shootout was Scrambler lopsided about how much it was better at mostly everything except a few handling quirks(who cares). I read on through and get to the end and i got floored, I mean floored. Out of frickn nowhere they throw up some bs about polaris not having changed much on the scram for 10 years so they are giving the win to the wolverine with a "just barely!" quote. That was the biggest load of horse manure ive scanned my pupils over. Ive been subscribed to Crapwheels before, but not 4-Wheel Atv Action, Whats yall thoughts, do they ad copy or are they more legit?? In case your wondering yes i own a Yamaha lol. BUT, ive also had a 98 sportsman 500, and a rancher 350 4x4. I'm still a polaris fan but i couldnt pass up the deal i got on the kodiak 450 if i wanted a new atv at the time. That crap is just wrong, what have they always yapped about Honda for? Oh this and that about the reliability on their atvs since they havent changed sh*t since invention of the wheel.......my 2 DOLLARS lol good ridin yall. -joe

Old 06-14-2006, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

I 2nd that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2006, 01:08 AM
Range Rover

I subscribe to both but am finding out they are both biased. In the new atv action, they did a KQ/RINCON/bf650 SHOOTOUT AND IN THE RATINGS PART, THE KQ was the only one w/ 5 stars acrooss the board in overall ratings and they still picked the Rincon. They also did a report on the 06 400 ex saying how good of a quad it is even though it has bee around for a long time. At 424 lbs dry, it even outweighs the preditor......but I guess an overweight honda is ok, just not another brand.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:25 AM
Range Rover

Well dang lol, what does that leave? i know of a few others but they are basically like spoofs with few interesting shootouts and info.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:32 AM
Trailblazer

I get a Canadian magazine called All-Terrain Vehicle. They seem to be pretty good with being unbiased. They did a big bore shootout last fall where the Polaris 800 got damaged so they couldn't include it in the shootout...so the Outlander 800 won overall. They redid the the shootout again this spring with IRS bigbores - SP800, rincon 680, kingquad, A/C700 and Outlander 800. Even though...being Canadian...they are heavy on the Bombardier/Can-am products they still picked the Sportsman 800 overall. The only things the SP800 didn't get 1st or 2nd in was fit/finish and they think it's ugly.

I think most mags do a decent job of detailing the pros and cons of each quad. So read the review section and just ignore what they pick as the winner. Take the info they give and decide for yourself which quad would be best for you. Mags make most of thier money from advertisers, so they can say whatever they want in the main text as long as they keep the thier major sponsor the win.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:39 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

I bought the DW issue at the aiport this past weekend to read on the plane. I could have told you what the outcome would have been after reading the first two paragraphs.

Any magazine will print what they are paid to. If they do the same shootout in two months, they'll probably say the Scrambler was better.

The magazines are good to show what's coming out, and have nice pictures and all. But if you want to know how a machine handles and what to get, come to a site like this and just ask the people who ride them.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:46 PM
Range Rover

yea i agree with the not paying attention to winner idea. It just still sucks that you cannot rely on them when u pay 35bucks for a scription lol. I want to resubscribe but dont wany any bullstuff comin in the mail you know. good ridin -joe