Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

'03 Trailblazer Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 01:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 Trailblazer Issues

We recently purchased a '03 TB from a local dealership used. The 4wheeler has been ridin hard from what I can tell (broken plastic, dented rim, etc) and I'm riding it pretty hard too. I'm 17, that's what I'm supposed to do. lol

On Mothers Day I broke the chain and small sproket and replaced it myself with new parts. But since then the transmission will violently click under heavy acceleration (usually just one click though). Also, if you cut a corner and make the rear end slid it will do the same thing. Sometimes it would pop out of forward gear going WOT up a incline.

But this past weekend the faimly (excluding me) went and hung out with some friends with both the 4wheelers, the Polaris was loaded on a trailer and the Honda in the bed of the Super Duty. I get a call from the parents saying the 4wheeler has NO reverse gear now and if you barely give it throttle the transmission does the clicking but its very constant now.

Before they left and even before I loaded it onto the trailer it was running just fine minus the clicking every once in a while. But when they get to their destination, it's broke.

Ontop of this, after I fixed the chain and sproket I washed it.. which seemed to be a big no no. lol It won't start electricly anymore, it's pull start only. When the key is turn there just seems a grinding sound for a second and then stops. I think this is just a loose connection and nothing too serious.

If anybody can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it!

Mickey

Old 06-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

,,,you need to put an chain bender like HPD sell or hot seat,cauze it's the major problem on them when riding them,
you need to cut off the stock bender bracket then install chain tensioner at the righ place while adjusting the
chain tension,i mean â plastic tensioner is not that good so think about it,and for the starter,i hate them,that the first thing to trow off on those quad,but if you do keep it,check battery.or electric coil,
starter gear,,,wire starter.
by the way,polaris have big problems of starter on their 500 sportmans,,so i'll suggest to go to local dealer and get it fixed,that won't be a costy thing to fix.

Old 06-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to pull the tranny and rebuild it.The silent chain inside the tranny is bad along with the shift fork.
Fix the tranny then get the chain tensenor.

Old 06-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Range Rover

its a tipical trail blazer

Old 06-26-2006, 11:28 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

Originally posted by: lilhodgson
its a tipical trail blazer
At least the TB is easy to work on wait until you have to work on that new z400 tranny[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

Wow... lol So I get to rebuild a transmission now, huh? lol

I'll have a friend who races quads take a look at it and get his opinion on it before I pull it and have it not work. lol

Is there one kit that is better then the other or all the same?

Also, what does it take to rebuild it? I'm mechanically inclined to an extent... but not an expert by any means.

Mickey

Old 06-27-2006, 07:59 AM
Quad Patrol

Get you a service manual and it is no trouble at all.Takes longer to get the tranny out than to take it apart and fix it.
You need to keep in mind that most of your "racer friends" dont run a Polaris and Polaris is completely differant than a Jap tranny.As the Polaris is 2 seperate units(motor and transmission)

Old 06-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ahh.. ok.

Thanks for the help!

Is there a kit that I can use to get some more power from it? Or would just rebuilding the tranny get more power then what I had?

Mickey

Old 06-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

I betcha that the shift fork is rounded off . It will require taking the tranny apart .

Old 06-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: scootr2200
Ahh.. ok.

Thanks for the help!

Is there a kit that I can use to get some more power from it? Or would just rebuilding the tranny get more power then what I had?

Mickey
Get the tranny fixed first the give Rick a call about a clutch kit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: '03 Trailblazer Issues