Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

the grizzly now has 700 cc and power steering

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the grizzly now has 700 cc and power steering

just got my new Quad mag and its on the cover i really dont care for the looks of the new front end but im interested to see what this thing can do and who would have thought Power steering was in the cards for quads...

Old 06-26-2006, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

It"s still a Yamaha

Old 06-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

interesting, seems like one more thing to fail, its not like quads are so heavy they need it

Old 06-26-2006, 09:11 PM

What the Griz needed more than anything is a re-design on the ***-end drivetrain components. The Griz breaks rear axles WAY too easy. I have 4 buddies with Grizzlies and they have all broken multiple rear axles. Additionally, 3 of them have had the rear dif mounts rip right out the the tubular frame and had to re-fabricate using angle iron.

The Griz is a very good machine with the exception that the ***-end needs to be beefed up. I'd be very interested to see if they addressed this in this new re-design.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:13 PM

BTW.......power steering!?!?!.......that just seems foolish to me.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Foolish???? Do you know how easy it will be to steer with the diff lock engaged now?? I wish i had power steering!

Old 06-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

Actually the power steering is more like a high tech steering damper. One thing that get your attention fast on the trail is when the handle bars get rip out of your hands from a rock, roots, stumps, or what ever is on the trail. Most sport quad racers buy them and pay allmost $500 for the best ones. $160 will buy a cheap one. The old Grizz was known for a twitchy and light feel and it didn't take much to yank the bars. This system if it holds up will be a very nice feature. But on top of that, it will actually assist you on turning when the going gets tuff. You won't be struggling to turn those bars.

Old 06-26-2006, 10:06 PM

Originally posted by: GE4x4
Actually the power steering is more like a high tech steering damper. One thing that get your attention fast on the trail is when the handle bars get rip out of your hands from a rock, roots, stumps, or what ever is on the trail. Most sport quad racers buy them and pay allmost $500 for the best ones. $160 will buy a cheap one. The old Grizz was known for a twitchy and light feel and it didn't take much to yank the bars. This system if it holds up will be a very nice feature. But on top of that, it will actually assist you on turning when the going gets tuff. You won't be struggling to turn those bars.
That sounds to me like a horse of a different color.

I know how it sucks when you get the quick jerk on the handle bars when you hit something wrong. A steering damper that would help eliminate/minimize THAT would be a nice improvement. BTW....I notice very little or no increased steering effort on my Sportsman while in 4wd. I realize it's not a mechanical locker and that's why. Maybe if I had a mechanical locker I'd think "power steering" would be a worthwhile improvement.

Old 06-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

when your locked its not like your going to be turning anywhere anyway, theres really no need for power steering unless your super pampered. even my jeep, when my front axle is locked has about 1/4 of its full steering potential and it has power steering.

Old 06-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

No you wont be turning because you almost cant turn, but if your locked in, and want to avoid the 4ft stump sticking out of the water, it would be nice to easily turn to avoid it. Im not saying its god gift, i dont have it and i do fine without it, but im also in my twenties, and in good shape. A 75 yr old man, wanting to pull his ice house out to the lake, hits a small drift and cant turn his wheels, is thinking god he has power steering!!

Quick Reply: the grizzly now has 700 cc and power steering