Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Help! 06 Phoneix doesn't run.......at all.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! 06 Phoneix doesn't run.......at all.

I bought my wife a 06 Phoenix and on just her second ride it broke down.................big time. She was just riding down a flat trail when the bike lost total power and stopped. The bike idles fine......... but when you give it gas the engine pulsates and won't move, both in drive & reverse. Even when you give it gas in neutral the engine pulsates loudly then backfires, Probably because it's flooding.
What the hell could be wrong???
Luckly it's under warranty and I'll be sending it back.

Any thoughts?

Old 06-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

It cooked a fuse . My 2005 pulled a similar stunt . After *jerryrigging* the fuse with cigarette cellophane I then burnt out the regulator .

The fuse is right by the battery , I would check it , but still , take it to the dealer . A good dealer will do his best to get things fixed right .

By the time 2007 rolls around the bugs should be out of the Phoenix , the engine is good , the frame is good , they just have some electrical issues on occasion that can be worked out .

Rick

Old 06-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Trailblazer

Ok here's a crazy update.
I just went out into my garage and figured I'd start it up and see if it's still not running right....................it's totally fine. ERRRRRRR!!!!
I threw it into gear and took off down my driveway, it runs totally perfect.
Damn, I feel great that it actually runs but I think I should still take it to the dealer. I HATE INTERMITTENT PROBLEMS!

Rick,
Thanks for the info. After I read your post I went out and checked the fuse.
I noticed there was water under the seat as well as on that fuse holder. It must of got wet and died out, she did go through a puddle about 5 minutes before the bike died. The puddle wasn't very deep but just enough water must of got up in there and messed it up.
What a POOR design, water can very easily get up in there and that fuse is totally exposed. I might just wrap that fuse holder with some electrical tape to prevent water from getting on it.

Old 06-30-2006, 06:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi, I run a quad biking centre and use several phoenix 200 bikes ( 2006 year ) we have had a similar problem with some of ours, I would suggest you double check the spark plug cap.

On all of ours the HT lead was rubbing against the gear selector linkage causing the cap to come loose, the quad would run at low revs but either cut out or badly misfire at high revs. Also we found the rubber seal was not fitted properly which did not help.

On the positive side they are bloody good quads and with the exception of rather brittle plastics they have prooved bullet proof . Good Luck !

PETER