Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Mr. Funnel

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 04:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr. Funnel

I watched the video clip of Mr. Funnel. That thing looks pretty good. Has anyone tryed it yet, was wondering if it does as good as it says?

Old 06-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mr. Funnel

Bump.

Nobodies tried this huh?

Old 06-29-2006, 11:19 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts
Default Mr. Funnel

Unless you have a link, I'm thinking Mr Funnel is how I get Mr oil into the quad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2006, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mr. Funnel

IT a waist of money if you ask me. If I have bad or diryt fule I get rid of it . If I have water in my fule cans I add dry gas to them. I could see the comming in handy in cases like huricanes where everything gets wet and dirty but for the normal person it something else to take up space on the shelf and never get used again.

Old 06-29-2006, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mr. Funnel

Originally posted by: madmatt1971
IT a waist of money if you ask me. If I have bad or diryt fule I get rid of it . If I have water in my fule cans I add dry gas to them. I could see the comming in handy in cases like huricanes where everything gets wet and dirty but for the normal person it something else to take up space on the shelf and never get used again.
I Love how you can say its a waste of money when you haven't tried it. Instigater, this is the most amazing product ever I was scheptable at first but I gave it a try. Its does work at seperating water from fuel (its happend to me once) but more importantly everytime I fill up at Shell the filter catches small rust particles in the gas.

Try this Take an LED flashlight to inspect your gas tank, then for fun turned off all the lights, look DOWN into the tank with the flashlight (less than a 1/4 gas in it) and you will be suprized at how much dirt and what looks like metel fileings are in the bottom of the tank.

Automotive and recreational experts agree dirt is the<U>&lt;B&gt; number one cause &lt;/B&gt;</U>of engine wear. Analysis by Federal-Mogul Corporation reports that 43.4 percent of all engine bearing distress is caused by dirt. Engine dirt particles are so small – mere dust specks – and an engine is a highly sophisticated piece of machinery, crafted from the most durable metal alloys. How, then, can these minute particles bring down such a high-tech unit..?
The answer lies in the fact that dirt particles are&lt;B&gt; extremely abrasive&lt;/B&gt;. They consist of razor-like flakes of road dust and airborne grit drawn into the engine through the fuel system and intake manifold. as well as manufacturing scarf and wear metal particles generated inside the engine. These particles are carried by the <U>oil and fuel </U>into the precision clearances between bearings and other moving parts. Once they work in between these parts, they grind and gouge surfaces, altering clearances and generating more abrasive debris. This wear cycle continues, making precision components sloppy and fatigued until they &lt;B&gt;fail &lt;/B&gt;altogether.
&lt;B&gt;Filtration is &lt;/B&gt;the key to preventing costly engine repairs caused by dirt. Filtration removes contaminants by trapping and holding them outside the system of Fuel/oil circulation. In order for a filter to be truly effective, it must be able to capture contamanants of all types and sizes.
Any good full flow type filter (OEM or Aftermarket)..is an item that must # 1 when tooling around backwater areas w/ unchecked and old storage facilites

Old 06-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mr. Funnel

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Unless you have a link, I'm thinking Mr Funnel is how I get Mr oil into the quad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Mr. Funnel Video or This Video

Old 06-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mr. Funnel

The Dirt never gets through your fuel system. I more of a skeptic and I can see where it does have application but I don't this it applys to most of us. Trapping dirt. That's what fule filters are for. From what I know and understand the Dirt that causes the most engine damage is brough in through your air intake system. Get a good air intake system and your oil will stay clean longer. The waer shows up much faster in Turbo charged engines becasue the dirt/dust wears the turbine blades off your turbo.

Old 06-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mr. Funnel

Originally posted by: madmatt1971
The Dirt never gets through your fuel system. I more of a skeptic and I can see where it does have application but I don't this it applys to most of us. Trapping dirt. That's what fule filters are for. From what I know and understand the Dirt that causes the most engine damage is brough in through your air intake system. Get a good air intake system and your oil will stay clean longer. The waer shows up much faster in Turbo charged engines becasue the dirt/dust wears the turbine blades off your turbo.
Hey, its your choice but the product is amazing and NO filter will filter out water like this does. And trust me you can and will and one time or other get water in your gas from the pumps