Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

X2 rear box/bag

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X2 rear box/bag

We have a X2 and are looking for a box/bag to go on the back while in 2 up. With the seat back up, it looks pretty close for a bag to fit in the bed. Do any of y'all know of a bag/box that will fit on/in the back of a X2. I have looked all over the internet and can't seem to find anything that "looks" like it'll fit. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Wade

Old 07-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Range Rover
Default X2 rear box/bag

Polaris has nothing yet, I use two soft coolers along the side of the passenger seats. I have been looking at some ideas of my own to come up with a lock-n-ride box for the two back holes. I will post up when I have something.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:20 AM
Trailblazer
Default X2 rear box/bag

It would be nice if the backrest part didn't have the "wings" sticking out beside it. It would allow much more room in between the seat and the box. Also would be nice to have a softer back seat. Hopefully this quad will be fairly popular so aftermarket companies will start making accessories for it...such as storage boxes.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default X2 rear box/bag

We ended up just getting a Mad Dog bag. It has two side bags that can come off if wanted/ needed. It is too big for the back so I put it up front. It doesn't interfere with the turning radius of the headlight...I just can't use that top light. I secured it to the front rack with those little "Not for climbing" carabiners. We took it out for a ride today...50 miles round trip and the bag did really well. It was a little damp inside where water hit the seams, but nothing serious. We did hit some deep water and I thought I was gonna sink it a couple times. I think I'm addicted.......

Old 08-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Trailblazer
Default X2 rear box/bag

They do have a bag that fits in the rear box and also 2 side/saddle bags for when there are 2 people on it in the 07 catalog.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:16 AM
Range Rover
Default X2 rear box/bag

I checked, not available until 10/27/2006!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhh....

Old 08-06-2006, 01:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default X2 rear box/bag

I also, am looking for a rear seat bag (two up). May have to fabricate something that hangs off the back of the box.
Maybe go with the tail gate down ... humm, ideas forming...

Old 08-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default X2 rear box/bag

We usually ride with the tailgate down because we put a small cooler back there.

Old 10-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default X2 rear box/bag

Hey guys, I saw this topic and I would like your input about what key features you would like to see in an X2 rear cargo box. I'm an engineer for a company making these for Polaris, and I will be assisting in the design of the cargo box. I would like to know if you want it to fit something particular or have a particular shape. Whatever your ideas are, remember the box will be designed to fit with a passenger on the atv. We will be working on the design soon so your input is appreciated. I have been an Atv rider my entire life and I want to design a cargo box for the people who own these atvs as much as I can so please reply back and myself and the other engineers will look over your comments and we will do our best to incorporate them if possible.

Thanks

Old 10-10-2006, 12:29 AM
Trailblazer
Default X2 rear box/bag

A bag that can hold a 6 pack cooler and some other goodies would be good. A bag or box that has several compartments so you can keep your tools, gear and lunch seperate.

Quick Reply: X2 rear box/bag