Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

A telling story

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A telling story

I went to my dealer to get a rear suspension lower A-arm/hub bolt. There are 4 of these....2 for each lower rear A-arm/hub.

I see a guy at the counter who I've gotten to know and start talking with him and he says "So what can I get for you?"

Being the smart a$$ that I am......I say "a bolt"......and I don't say another thing. He looks at me and we both kind of smile and I say......."I suppose you need a little more info"......then before he can respond I say..."how about I let you take a stab at what bolt I need".

He immediately guessed the lower A-arm/hub bolt. It floored me. He said......."we get a lot of those".

BTW......I needed one because I noticed one of mine was loose on a post-ride inspection. I tightened it up again but kept a close eye on it and sure enough it loosened up again on the very next ride. The threads had become somewhat worn and it wasn't going to stay. I put a new one in and used some thread-locker. The replacement has a little dab of thread-locker already on it......but I figured that considering the old bolt threads had become worn.....the hub threads probably were wore as well......hopefully the new bolt with thread-locker stays put.

I found it very telling that the parts counter guy immediately knew "the bolt".

Old 07-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A telling story

Funny story. Scary but funny. I guess I'll go and check my a-arm bolts. Thanks.

Steve