Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

NO Electrical Power

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 12:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO Electrical Power

My Polaris 2000 400 Xplorer has no electrical power - lights,spedo,starter,awd,fan. I have tested the battery and it is good. Anybody had this problem before?

Old 08-10-2006, 01:57 AM
Range Rover

hey, it could be your positive feed wire coming from the batt. or i think theres a fuse or breaker somewhere that kicks all that off. My wheeler had done a similar problem. it had no lights, 4wd, electric start, ect all when not started butonce it was started i only had lights, sometimes it would shut off the wheeler on its own, well yea it was the positive wire came lose from the starter and the ground wire completely came off and would be setting on the frame and eventually would work its way over to the pos lose wire and contact and shutdown the wheeler. idk how all thishappened but once i re located the ground wire and reinstalled the pos wire everything worked great and no more shutting down. i rode that sucker for 5 months before i realized thats what was wrong. It was middle of winter with no snow when i got around to looking at it, then i got her out and rode it after i fixed it. then the wires came loose again and had problems over then just relocated the ground wire. Hope this helps, Brian

Old 08-10-2006, 07:02 AM
Pro Rider

beside the battery is a black box about 2 inch square and they call it a solenoid cept I think it is more like an auto reset circuit breaker, effectively doing the job of "fuses" as you have on a car

in fact the parts manual names the wires in and out as "solenoid" but the solenoid itself dont get a mention

make sure the terminal IN and OUT of this are sandpapered back to metal or bike no go

because I live and drive in super corrosion area I need to do this every 6 months [as I found last week when my starter switch just said "click"]

there is also a "control" terminal on upper left and it too needs to be making proper contact

Old 08-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Trailblazer

heyy this happend on my dad magnum 500 and all it was was the ground wire wasnt grounded and the whole thing shut down just hooked it back up and wwas good to go

Old 11-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Trailblazer

what was your final out come??? I have the same problem with my 05 ATP 500HO, I think it maybe my ECM. does your atv start with the recoil??