Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Need help with trailblazer , anyone from maine ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with trailblazer , anyone from maine ?

i just got a 9? trailblazer from my little brother who broke the swingarm in half for a ps2 and a little bit of cash. now ive already had one but it was over a year ago. so pretty much i need a new swingarm , or im just gunna weld it. also i need help on removing the oil injection system , i wanna run premixed gas. any more info would be great thanks guys

Old 08-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

depending how bad its broke and how much punishment your going to do you could weld it. see if you can buy or get a used one. just wondering, why do you want to screw w/ premix gas and take out the oil pump?

Old 08-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: stendori
depending how bad its broke and how much punishment your going to do you could weld it. see if you can buy or get a used one. just wondering, why do you want to screw w/ premix gas and take out the oil pump?
well it broke completley off , only thing holding it on was the chain and shock. one cracked in the back the other in the front. im not going to do much to abuse it i really only ride in the winter and then i only drive down the road and on ponds and stuff just gunna put around. and i wanna get rid of the oil pump cuz it if ever dies out on the trail or anything then that would suck. id rather just mix my gas.

does anybody know how to get the swingarm off ? it looks like ive gutta take the rear brakes off and the clutch cover to get to it ? also i know somebody has got rid of there oil injection and if so could you help me with it. if anyone has a swingarm i could buy that would be swell , i also need a set of rear rims and front tires , thanks guys

Old 08-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

anybodykilla, i've never heard of an injection stop working and never had any problem w/ ours but i suppose theirs always a first time. here is a number on ebay for a swing arm : 170019876994 just type it in on serch and you'll see it. its for 47.00 i think. also i saw a set of rims as well.

Old 08-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

also the pump is gear driven and activated by the throttle via w/ a cable. you could unhook the cable and no oil would flow. not sure what would happen to the gear w/out the oil pump letting oil out. i'm guessing mind you but i would think you would have to take out the gear. maybe someone esle can help w/ that. good luck.

Old 08-27-2006, 01:08 AM
Trailblazer

i have a 2000 tb. 1st i would not get rid of the oil injector. it would be a pain carrying premix oil and then the oil to mix when you can just fill the tank and forget it for a month. second just buy a new or good used swing arm while it is out i would go ahead and put new bearings in the axle. if he jumped it that hard i would say they are messed up. i am going through this with a friends axle on a scrambler and its not fun.

Old 08-27-2006, 10:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: 79Oakley
i have a 2000 tb. 1st i would not get rid of the oil injector. it would be a pain carrying premix oil and then the oil to mix when you can just fill the tank and forget it for a month. second just buy a new or good used swing arm while it is out i would go ahead and put new bearings in the axle. if he jumped it that hard i would say they are messed up. i am going through this with a friends axle on a scrambler and its not fun.
alright ill leave the oil injection alone, i just heard "horror" stories of people riding when it quit and there engines crapping out. yea i guess im just gunna get q whole new swingarm it will be alot safer , as for ebay i owe em money so they shut down my account lol. so if anybody has any parts i could use that would be great , i got cash in hand

Old 08-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

maybe i should buy it,resell to you for a small profit margine. lol. just so you know i looked up the price for a new one on ronnies and they are $290.00. i put 95" as year as i dont know your yr. is there any way to weld and support it w/ more metal braces. i would have to see a picture and i could tell you better. try to find a local welder down there in rockland and ask them if it would last if they weldered it. as far the injection goes its (to me) more of a pain in the a.. to unhook then to run it w/ it in. just make sure its working and adjusted right and you shouldnt have any problems.

Old 08-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

anybody know how to remove swingarm?

Old 08-28-2006, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: anybodykilla
anybody know how to remove swingarm?

Have you considered unbolting it?

Quick Reply: Need help with trailblazer , anyone from maine ?