Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Need more low end Predator power!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need more low end Predator power!

Most of my riding is done with guys that own Raptor 660's. Low end power seems to be endless for them. They can ride wheelies to no end. Wheelies are impossible for me unless I do the old stand up on the back. How can I gain for low end power? I want in on the fun... All I have right now is a drop in K&N and a slip on HMF pipe. Thanks

Old 09-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

It sounds like something is wrong with your bike, mine will pull wheelies all i want in 1st 2nd and 3rd. I suppose if you can't find the problem or don't want to rebuild/repair you could just put on a larger rear sprocket to give you more low end grunt, of course you'll lose top end speed.

Are you sure you're:
A: Sitting near the rear of the bike
B: Pulling on the handlebars

You really should be able to pull the front end right up off the ground with no problem.

Old 09-05-2006, 01:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I can't imagine that there is something wrong with the motor. Runs fine. Just got it back a month ago from a fresh rebuild. Done by a shop that specializes in high performance bikes, atvs, sleds, ect.

I've tried sitting towards the back, lifting up on the handle bars, etc. I've been riding atv's for 20years.

Old 09-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Range Rover

Thats just how they are, I have a 2003 predator and a 2001 raptor and the raptor will weelie 100 times better with bald tires. my pred has brand new holeshots and my raptor has totaly bald stock tires and the raptor will beat it by a quad in the 300 foot with loose dirt. Now right after a rain storm the pred will win by 2 quads. Anyway raptor has alot more torque and that what makes it fun and thats why I will be selling my predator. I dont like having to wind it out to the limiter to make power.

Old 09-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Trailblazer

if you want more low end get a honda civic intake or a twin air clamp on and if you're still unsatisfied get the nicholas cycle carb mod

Old 09-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

get the nicholas cycle carb mods(expensive, but very well worth it)......and a twin air clamp on filter.......throw that K&N away.........

The pred isn't made to wheelie.........so I hope you know that.......its made to race......and you can't steer with the front off the ground.

Old 09-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Range Rover

lol, Race dude I bought my pred thinking it would be a race bike that is ok on trails and decent at raceing and the predator does not meet my expetations and trust me I am not loyal to any brand. The predator is too wide on the trails and dosent have a low end making it harder to drive and for the raceing it is a joke. It has way better tires and lighter, better driver than my raptor and I can still take him by 1 lenght in the 300 foot in loose pouder, rember my raptor has bald tires. It takes him the 1/8 mile to catch up and the quater to pass and then its all over for the rappy seeing it has a good 5 MPH over me on the big end. All the raptor has is a drop in k&n jetted and yoshumure pipe with q core and the predator has drop in k&n and a PP pipe thats jeted. Also I havend checked the valves on the predator but I can see them being too far off seeing it starts and runs great. Like I said predator is no race quad on dirt, It has the HP but just wont hook because it is so heavy it has a hard/harder time getting of the line. It also dosent feel as good as the raptor or other quads because there is a "hole" in the seet you fal into. Also I have a piped and jeted with K&N and it also beats the predator in the 300 foot half the time and I have a polaris sport auto 2 stroke and it is dead even with it and its atleast 5 and a quarter.

Trending Topics

Old 09-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not sure what you 03 guys are talking about, mine wheelies just fine and dandy all day long. I know i'm not the only one, i've seen Videos posted at Predatorowners.com with people wheelieing all over the place. I can't wheelie worth a crap (my skills suck) and i managed to pull off a few good ones.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Trailblazer

mine wheelies just fine

i have a 06 pred with pp pipe and twinair clamp on and my friend has 660r with a trinity pipe and some trinity intake and i always beat him in a 300ft drag

you should check your bike

Old 09-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

The 03s were desighned not to wheelie. I remember when they first came out that was one of the things that alot of people complained about. well that and the trans.

Quick Reply: Need more low end Predator power!