Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

After market clutch to eliminate EBS? sp 800

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 03:52 AM
Range Rover
Location: Central Valley Ca 1.5 hr to the Sierra Mts & 2 hrs to Pismo Beach
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After market clutch to eliminate EBS? sp 800

Can any one recomend an after market clutch and will it get rid of the EBS on my sp 800?

Old 09-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Range Rover

HELP on this one?
I need to get rid of the EBS I think it is more dangerous than it is helpful.
Down hill on dirt when you let off the gas the back wheels lock up and slide side ways.
Comming of the 8' ramps on my trailer i let off the gas and almost slid off.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

You could swap out for clutches from polaris that don't have ebs. Like on a scrambler or sp. 450

Old 09-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

The 800 clutches have a diffrerent diameter so you would not want to change to a non ebs from a different model, however, for 07 polaris has a non ebs clutch on their standard version spt 800. It may fit but your dealer or someone would have to check to be sure the crank end had not changed or if other changes would be required. As for the aftermarket I do not know.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

Different diameter? I don't understand? I friend has a 700 2006 model and bought the 800 primary for it. Before he got it we took the clutch off my 99 scrammy and put on his 700 just so he could get an idea of how the take off is. With that being said, Why would they not fit the 800? I know the ebs clutch on the primary is smaller diameter than on the other ebs models but what is different otherwise? The secondary's will fit too. Has something changed?

Old 09-09-2006, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

ncrider, I did not say that it would not "fit". However, If the diameter of the non-ebs clutch selected and/or the angle-radius of the sheave face is different that changes the ratios and changes the shift characteristics of the machine and possibly the belt to be used which may not be desirable. I say may because one could theoretically find different model clutches that perform as well or better for the use intended but you would have to know from published data or measurement which one if any would be ok for what you want. My point was that if you were going to purchase a new clutch anyway the new 800 non-ebs would already have those issues possibly resolved.

Old 09-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

i know kawasaki use an electric ebs if yours is similar just un plug it and it should stop working other wise youll need the specs of shaft diameter outside diameter stall and engagement and comet will have one there about 250 i think.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Range Rover

[i know kawasaki use an electric ebs if yours is similar just un plug it and it should stop working

I know the EBS is not electric I have been told the only way to eliminate the EBS is to replace the clutch.
I will check out the 07 800 nonEBS clutch hopefuly it will be a match.
I guess Polaris has got enough slack about the EBS that they are now offering the 800 w/out EBS I should have waited a year or six mounths to buy a new one.
If any one knows for sure that the new 800 cluth will work on my 06 please let me know.

Thanks

Old 09-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you want to get the EBS under control...and regain that 11 to 15% more torque an HP... pick up on a heelclicker clutch kit..Not only will you gain proformance through out the entire power band ..But it will balance out that uncontrolable fish tail going down hill's.

Old 10-07-2006, 03:33 AM
Range Rover

I still have not found a way to totally do away with the EBS on my SP 800. Will the heelclicker do the job or only control the tire lock on the down hill?

Will a clutch kit do the job or will i have to replace the whole clutch assy.?

Please i need to get this beast under control.

Quick Reply: After market clutch to eliminate EBS? sp 800