Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

registering atv

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default registering atv

I was going to enter a atv poker run in another county and they said that my atv had to be registered to ride in it and that the dnr said that you had to register your atv just to ride in your yard does anyone know if this is true and also does anyone know what counties in indiana you can ride your registered atv on the road because the dnr 's website has a thing but was updated in 2005. thanks

Old 09-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default registering atv

i would go to your local state weg sight and look up the laws. here in maine you can ride your machine on your own property w/out having it reg. and you also have to reg. it in the state you are going to ride in, like if i want to ride in new hampisher i would have to reg it in that state.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Trailblazer
Default registering atv

i looked on their web site but it was last updated in june of 2005. thanks

Old 09-13-2006, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default registering atv

Originally posted by: stendori
i would go to your local state weg sight and look up the laws. here in maine you can ride your machine on your own property w/out having it reg. and you also have to reg. it in the state you are going to ride in, like if i want to ride in new hampisher i would have to reg it in that state.
ditto for Michigan.

Old 09-13-2006, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default registering atv

Hello bullbarrel;

Most states allow you to operate your atv on your own land without registering (at least in New England). Or if you have a friend's/landowner's permission you might be able to ride on their land without registration. A good source is area trail groups that are around you.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default registering atv

Originally posted by: bullbarrel
I was going to enter a atv poker run in another county and they said that my atv had to be registered to ride in it and that the dnr said that you had to register your atv just to ride in your yard does anyone know if this is true and also does anyone know what counties in indiana you can ride your registered atv on the road because the dnr 's website has a thing but was updated in 2005. thanks
DNR are tards...they also only shoot domestic pets(your dog) but tranquillize wild animals(a skunk)

here is a story sure to **** you off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

HERE

kdka.com/video/?id=19972@kdka.dayport.com

Old 09-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default registering atv

Here in Ottawa, and most of Canada requires your ATV to not only be registered but insured if you want to ride it any where other then your own property. They will not sell you a trail pass here without proof of insurance.

Trending Topics

Old 09-14-2006, 12:08 AM
Trailblazer
Default registering atv

dude, dogs that kill deer should be shot, no questions asked.

Old 09-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default registering atv

Originally posted by: jdaddy
dude, dogs that kill deer should be shot, no questions asked.

How bout if a bear attacks a dog like THIS

The dep would shoot the dog then right....even if it was going after a hungry bear

Old 09-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default registering atv

Yea it really depends on your state where you live. In my state (Illinois) they are ATV unfriendly and they give residents no way to register or ride on public lands.

They do require us to have titles for our bikes which makes no sense. I bought my bike used, and since there is no registration or no public lands to ride on, I have no reason to pay the state $50 to transfer the title from the previous owner to myself. I have the title signed by the previous owner, which is good enough for me. The state can go blow!

Quick Reply: registering atv