Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Bought an outlaw. Why??

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought an outlaw. Why??

Traded in my '02 scrambler 3 weeks ago for the outlaw. Have ridden it about three hours and have already brought it back for warrany repair to rear a-arm bushings (at the hub). Also noticed the a-arms are scratching up the inside of the rims. Dealer claims it's not an issue, any one else had these problems.

Also, I have been a long time fan of Polaris, and I know the outlaw is a first year model, but I'm tired of fixing these machines every time I ride 'em. I am seriuosly considering selling all 3 machines in the spring. So long Polaris. I'm done.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Nix377
noticed the a-arms are scratching up the inside of the rims. Dealer claims it's not an issue, any one else had these problems.

Well known issue, i remember seeing a topic at www.predatorowners.com in the Outlaw section that wanted to get some sort of petition or something or other together to get Polaris to do something about it.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:07 PM
Range Rover

Thanks, I've seen that thread. He doesn't seem to have any support. You would think all the people that own them would want that fixed.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nix, sorry to hear about your bad luck so far. I have a feeling that future versions will have a setup that won't rub the rims but you first year guys are getting screwed. You are lucky in that you have a dealer with almost all the makes right there in your hometown[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

On a side note, there are a group of sport riders going down to Majestic this weekend, care to give that Outlaw some work? I have yet to see one in person on the trails[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-18-2006, 07:53 AM
Pro Rider

I hear that the outlaw will be fixed.. i guess they are just saying they would probobly lose more money fixing the ones already out.. good luck tho that must be a pain..

Old 10-18-2006, 08:08 AM
Pro Rider

The 07 have different rear wheels with more clearance. All so look out for the seat coming off. They have too much flex and will un-latch on a hard hits, a clip in the latch helps. The center link on the front steering will bend on hard side impacts. The 07 one is a lot beefier.

Old 10-18-2006, 08:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

i really dont know what to tell you, other than you should have bought an 07

Old 10-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spyder6
Great advise there....I am sure thats the answer that Nix377 was looking for [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]. Have you contacted Polaris about this? Based on other comments this is a problem with many if not all 06 Outlaws. Maybe it's time for Polaris to stop worrying about how tough everyone else's atv is and start worrying about their own stuff.....and ultimately taking care of current 06 Outlaw customers.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: garyc660R
Maybe it's time for Polaris to stop worrying about how tough everyone else's atv is and start worrying about their own stuff.....and ultimately taking care of current 06 Outlaw customers.
They should be concerned with fixing both 06 Outlaws and Hawkeyes, unfortunately they're more concerned with selling 07's than fixing our 06's.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

I Do...Buy a yamaha..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Bought an outlaw. Why??