Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

INTERESTING POLARIS NEWS

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INTERESTING POLARIS NEWS

AWDOWDEN,

I am so glad you asked me to share the numbers.... copy and paste the link below...

http://www.southernpowersports.com/n...=14&DispType=0

Sportsman X2....$5983 out-the-door price, MSRP of $7899.....A discount of more than $1800, in fact $1916.

If a guy can't compete with Walmart on price, they need to find another angle. Service... Selection... free tune ups....who knows? Companies like Target, Sears, and all other stores have managed to compete very well, despite their prices not being the lowest. A dealer who sells at MSRP is not a criminal.

I believe you and I agree. You are willing to pay more for your Honda Parts because of the value they provide for your dollar. I would too. I just don't believe that you can criticize the dealer who is selling on price and try to dictate that they change their approach.

By the way, do you work for a dealer?

Old 10-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: WATERJETDUDE
AWDOWDEN,
Sportsman X2....$5983 out-the-door price, MSRP of $7899.....A discount of more than $1800, in fact $1916. By the way, do you work for a dealer?
Believe me or not, that is way below cost. So even though they are discounting it $1,900 doesn't mean there was that much margin. If they really are getting out of Polaris, they may be letting their remaining inventory go very cheap. And yes I work for a dealer. I have been an ATV consumer for about 12 years, and working in the industry for about 6 now. I also buy and sell them on the side as a personal hobby. I'm don't work in the industry to get rich, I work in the industry because I'm passoniate about the sport! Trust me, nobody is getting rich... Many rich people buy/open dealerships, but you don't see many get rich FROM their dealership.

Old 10-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

All the more reason not to buy Polaris, if they take away that dealers rights to sell their product for whatever they want as long as it's over Invoice how could you support Polaris? I won't, i got ripped off on my Predator and wish i had driven to Tennessee instead of throwing my hard earned money at those dealers that want to run Southern Powersports out of business. Unfortunately they didn't have any LE's when i bought mine or i would have driven up there.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: 06LimitedPred
All the more reason not to buy Polaris, if they take away that dealers rights to sell their product for whatever they want as long as it's over Invoice how could you support Polaris? I won't, i got ripped off on my Predator and wish i had driven to Tennessee instead of throwing my hard earned money at those dealers that want to run Southern Powersports out of business. Unfortunately they didn't have any LE's when i bought mine or i would have driven up there.
It's illegal for a company to just strip someone of their franchise based soley on them selling too cheap. It's also illegal for Polaris/whoever to dictate the price a dealer sells their product for (low or high). So there is something else going on. Who knows...

I don't want the guys to go out of business. I just think they need to take care of their market, and let everyone else do the same.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: awdowden
It's illegal for a company to just strip someone of their franchise based soley on them selling too cheap. It's also illegal for Polaris/whoever to dictate the price a dealer sells their product for (low or high). So there is something else going on. Who knows...

I don't want the guys to go out of business. I just think they need to take care of their market, and let everyone else do the same.
WALMART would agree![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2006, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

I think Polaris does have leverage about advertising the extremely low prices though, when i spoke with one of the rip off dealers about it they said it was against Polaris policy to advertise prices below MSRP or something to that effect, maybe that's how and why they're losing the Polaris line.

Old 10-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Trailblazer

While there are some legality issues with price fixing, there are none that would address an attempt by Polaris to get their dealers to not advertise such low prices. I am betting that this is the issue. It is in Polaris' best interest for any dealer to sell volume, I just believe from a buyer's standpoint trying to get dealers more money for their ATV's will do nothing but hurt my pocketbook. They are likely fine with the prices, just not fine with them being posted on the internet.

I could subscribe to the theory of something being wrong since these prices are so low...... if it wasn't for the fact that Southern Powersports has been selling them this cheap for YEARS. They advertise that they are the #1 volume dealer in the US. Why don't you check out their Honda prices at their other dealer? Prices are still low, 2007's on the website, no rumors there. It seems you may be bitter about the whole thing and are trying to stir the pot by eluding to some conspiracy theory or something. I do appreciate your viewpoint though, and would guess that it is shared by many who are involved in the sale of ATV's.

Old 10-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Range Rover

I think Polaris does have leverage about advertising the extremely low prices though, when i spoke with one of the rip off dealers about it they said it was against Polaris policy to advertise prices below MSRP or something to that effect, maybe that's how and why they're losing the Polaris line.
Polaris won't assist you in any advertsing cost if it's below MSRP, unless it's non-current models. My understanding was that if you paid your own way, you can advertise anything you want, but I may be incorrect.

Old 10-27-2006, 05:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think it would be price fixing if Polaris told them what to sell an ATV for...........and that would be illegal imo.

Someone mentioned volume! and if a Dealer is pumping 'em out, I'm quite sure Polaris would be VERY happy with them.

I still think maybe their store is downsizing because the property is going to be sold and developed into someting else.

GM, Polaris, ect don't give a damn about how low a Dealer sells their product for. They do care about HOW MUCH product you are selling.

Look at GM's FLEET SALES. Dealers don't make a damn on a fleet sale but GM likes their Dealers that pump-out 100+ Fleet units per year! Think about why!

~MT

Old 10-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: awdowden
Originally posted by: WATERJETDUDE
AWDOWDEN,
Sportsman X2....$5983 out-the-door price, MSRP of $7899.....A discount of more than $1800, in fact $1916. By the way, do you work for a dealer?
Believe me or not, that is way below cost. So even though they are discounting it $1,900 doesn't mean there was that much margin.

Holy Bat *****!!!!!! They are giving those things away.....Polaris must give them a huge kick back at the end of the yr. to take THAT much of a loss....

Quick Reply: INTERESTING POLARIS NEWS