Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

BRP Advertisement = Ridiculous

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRP Advertisement = Ridiculous

No, i wont lie. I do have a friend who just bought the Can Am 500 EFI but he has yet to ride with us, so maybe i can find out for sure once we ride, or when he changes tire size.. But as i said, i've read reviews, visited forums, and heard from many people that this is true. But i wont say anymore about it until i know. Should find out next week.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Trailblazer

No, i wont lie. I do have a friend who just bought the Can Am 500 EFI but he has yet to ride with us, so maybe i can find out for sure once we ride, or when he changes tire size.. But as i said, i've read reviews, visited forums, and heard from many people that this is true. But i wont say anymore about it until i know. Should find out soon.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

No problem. Your buddy should have no problem with the 500 turning big tires. But what people seem to forget, with stock tires it doesn't take much to spin them as they don't get much traction, so the other side locks up quick. But when you put big meats on, there not spinning as fast because there getting much more traction, so to on lookers it might seem it engages slower, but in fact the tire is still getting traction enough so not to have the other tire engage. Then once it does break traction and the quad has the power to turn big tires, then it engages just as quick as with stock tires. Another note, small tires turning 40mph and big tires turning 40mph, which one looks to be spinning faster? The small one. So even tho both are spinning 40mph, the smaller tire looks to be spinning faster, thus thinking it engages quicker.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

OK you won't lie. We get it. We get it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Trailblazer

lol of course i wont.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Range Rover

NO I think you might have it wrong it will spin both front 27" tires it has the power it does not transfer it equally to both tires to drive them both we had 28's on are po po sportsman 400 with no problem and the bomb has more power than the sportsman by far i must be wrong though next time will take video to show you what i mean it just works like a limited slip 4wd sometimes. ck out one of the past issues of quad magazine they mention it in there and that was from atv mecanics across the country? they all must be wrong to and the 800 won the irs class but where were they in the open class? ??????

Old 11-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

I am happy to see this is not a turning into a bash fest like over in the BRP fourm an hope it stay this way. There was some nice bashing fron the BRP guy toward Polaris.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Here is a nice disscussion on it.Visco Lock

As far as the open class, well that is a class where money is no object, so it's not really any comparison on which quad, it's who set theres up the best.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw the bomb infomercial and i didn't see an Arctic Cat in any of the in any of the trial's , kinda funny that they didn't won't to go up again't the AC's ; unless they thought the suzuki and kawki where the same machine and they only want to run againt the sport/utes ! ..............williebee

Old 11-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Trailblazer

There was an article about this in Quad Magazine two issues ago. They did a study by speaking with hundreds of mechanics around the country representing various brands. Apparently, the visco-lock system cannot build the necessary hydraulic pressure up as effectively with a large tire size in order to kick-in the 4-wheel drive. The article did mention that Bombaridier/BRP/Can-AM was working on a fix.

These aren't my words, just those in a magaizine that appears to have conducted a pretty thorough study. Normally, I don't put a lot of stock in what the magazines have to say, but in this article they picked on everyone for one thing or another, making in credible in my opinion.

Quick Reply: BRP Advertisement = Ridiculous