Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRP Advertisement = Ridiculous

I thought I might be right [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2006, 06:33 AM
Pro Rider

I"m baseing on what owners are saying and not a magazine. If you read that discussion they have it on video. They said they timed it with stock tires and then with big ones and it engaged equal. They said tho that it felt slower with the big tires, but the video doesn't lie.

Old 11-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Pro Rider

I also watched the BRP info video. I don't know guys.. But it seems to me that the BRP spun its tires for quite a few seconds (3-5) on the roller bed before it finally pulled itself over the bump. On the other hand, the Polaris info video showed hardly any spin on a similar roller bed. That seemed pretty convincing evidence on how fast the 4WD systems react.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Trailblazer

I just got the can-am dvd in the mail last week, i also got the polaris one a month ago, must be from having magazine subscriptions to all the mags. I watched the brp video and thought the visco-lok would be terrible at climbing hills, steep, rocky, root covered hills. the vid says that it takes 6 revolutions of the tire to build up the pressure to start engaging the lock, it looks like it takes around 10 revs to get it locked up totally, i slow-motioned the roller test part and counted. i don't think i would like to have to spin my tires 6 complete revolutions on a slick, nasty uphill. that would be scary! sliding all over the hill to get your 4th tire to grab. i also thought it was funny that the polaris won the mud test in the 500 category.

Old 11-02-2006, 12:26 PM
Trailblazer

One thing, I wish people would quit saying "I heard" and take it as fact, and this goes for anything, not just this topic.

I do most of my riding with a Polaris, I have an Outlander, and from EXPERIENCE both 4x4 systems are the same in the mud and snow. I will say the Polaris is much better in the rocks because it does'nt require wheel spin like mine. That being said, my 4x4 works in reverse without holding down the override button and my engine braking works much better on steep hills.

Neither system is the best all of the time, I'm just glad that neither one of us has to stop to engage a manual locker!!!

Old 11-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BryceGTX
I also watched the BRP info video. I don't know guys.. But it seems to me that the BRP spun its tires for quite a few seconds (3-5) on the roller bed before it finally pulled itself over the bump. On the other hand, the Polaris info video showed hardly any spin on a similar roller bed. That seemed pretty convincing evidence on how fast the 4WD systems react.
BINGO! Couldn't agree more!
When I saw that, I decided Bomb wasn't for me. I would get absolutely BURRIED all Winter with that AWD system.

Old 11-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Trailblazer

Wrong, in snow it locks almost instantly because of the low traction, like I said, watching a video and actually driving one are two different things. I should know as we can have up to 6 months of snow here and we ride them all year long.

The ONLY time it takes awhile to lock is when one front tire has no traction and the other one has lots (like rock crawling)

Old 11-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: balgonieman
Wrong, in snow it locks almost instantly because of the low traction, like I said, watching a video and actually driving one are two different things. I should know as we can have up to 6 months of snow here and we ride them all year long.

The ONLY time it takes awhile to lock is when one front tire has no traction and the other one has lots (like rock crawling)
How about when you are plowing snow and one wheel is on ice and the other is on pavement. Seems to me that it happens quite often. I have driven in snow all my life and I can't count the number of times in a car or truck that one of my wheels would spin and the other wouldn't.

Old 11-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Trailblazer

Would'nt know, don't have a blade on mine and never plan on it, I've got a snow blower for that. We get too much snow here, you can only push it around for so long then it drifts in worse the next time -- does'nt matter what type of quad you have.

Old 11-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Trailblazer

Well reguardless of snow or not, i just dislike Bomb's visco lok.. its a nice design, but they need to design it to where it dosent take so many revolutions of the wheel, b/c 6 is just too much.. Polaris' is almost completely instantaneous.. i never knew it even required wheel slip until i seen the brochure.. and when i found out, i purposely put the quad on a log and let it slip, then put it in AWD and its just so incredibly quick, i couldnt notice. at all. I dont think you could say that with the Bomb.

Quick Reply: BRP Advertisement = Ridiculous