Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

BRP Advertisement = Ridiculous

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRP Advertisement = Ridiculous

I have seen it before on the Outdoor channel a few times but never really watched BRP's "Infermercial" but about 10 minutes ago, i watched almost all of it very closely. You know, BRP makes great quads with some incredible horsepower, and i congragulate them for having some ***** and to challenge Polaris and others in the big bore wars. BUT this infermercial is just ridiculous.. In the "Mud Bog Event" they let the 500's go first.. It was the Suzuki Vinson 500 vs the Sportsman 500 EFI and the Sportsman won by a decent amount. Then the Can Am 500 EFI goes next but by itself and not against a competitor and it comes 3 inches or so short of the SP500 EFI .. So i was like "wow, something else won other than a can am on their commercial" .. And then they let the 650 class go and of course they didnt let the SP700 go and the Bomb 650 easily beat the Rincon and the Brute Force and then they claim BRP to completely outperform the competition in the Mud. Where did Polaris go in this lol? .. Next, its like they (Can Am) completely copied Polaris when talking about the Limited Slip differentials on other quads. I mean, its like word for word when talking about the Honda's 3x4 and Kawsaki's.. WORD for WORD the same.. And i know they are just trying to get their point across about their 4x4 system, but ITS EXACTLY the same, and then they claim, no one else has a 4x4 system this advanced on the market... and i was like "wow, so much BS" .. They should try to be a lil different.. And i could honestly care less, and i know its to help boost up BRP but some of the stuff they had on there was ridiculous...

Old 11-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i heard you have to keep the stock tires size on the bombie or the 4x4 wont work right. anyone esle heard this? if so thats not very practical.

Old 11-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Trailblazer

Not true--works on tire rotation, not tire size.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Trailblazer

No, that is true Stendori, and the bigger the tire size, the slower the rotation which slows the 4wd system down. Big flaw in my opinion as i always change to a different tire after stocks get worn out.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JonJonG
No, that is true Stendori, and the bigger the tire size, the slower the rotation which slows the 4wd system down. Big flaw in my opinion as i always change to a different tire after stocks get worn out.
This is false as tire size has nothing to do with how it engages. Many test have been done from other members useing all kinds of size tires and it did not matter how tall they were, they all engaged at the same time. This has been a rumore to stir up doubts with the BRP.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:05 PM
Range Rover

no my dad put 27" swamplites on his 400 and if you get it stuck will not spin both tires can not build up enough pressure he was told by dealer

Old 11-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Trailblazer

I didnt say it had anything to do with "how" it engages, just that it takes more time to engage. And it may be a rumor, but i've heard it from MANY MANY people..

Old 11-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SCRAMIN
no my dad put 27" swamplites on his 400 and if you get it stuck will not spin both tires can not build up enough pressure he was told by dealer
It's not the tire, it that the 400 can't turn them faster enough as the tires are getting to much traction for the power of the 400. If the 400 can't turn them, then yes it won't build pressure for the other side. So if the 400 can't turn 1 fast enough, then it won't spin 2 much at all. See many small bore quads putting to big of tires on and can't spin in the thick stuff. Even 450 Kodiaks with full locker can get stuck because it doesn't have the power to turn in the thick stuff. A Bomb 800 cleaned house at the Mud Nationals and had no problem with 29.5" tires.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:18 PM
Trailblazer

I've heard this about all sizes of Outlanders. And as far as the Mud Nationals go, EVERY quad there is so modded its ridiculous, so that throws everything out the window. And reguardless, i would hope the Outlander 800 would have enough power to spin 29.5's.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JonJonG
I didnt say it had anything to do with "how" it engages, just that it takes more time to engage. And it may be a rumor, but i've heard it from MANY MANY people..
Yeh, but were they owners of the Bombs??

Quick Reply: BRP Advertisement = Ridiculous