Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Whats this new 800 Renegade all about? Polaris changes soon???

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats this new 800 Renegade all about? Polaris changes soon???

If you were to show up to a GNCC race with a scrambler, wolverine or renegade you would be racing in the utility class. If you were to show up with an outlaw you wouldnt be racing with the utes....hows that

and all this IRS for XC racing....I would take a solid axle hands down over IRS for xc racing.

Renegade is a nice machine but you could build a much nicer quad and save $$$ rather than paying for the renegade out of the box. I would think a $6500 quad and $3000 grand in mods would make a much nicer sport ute.
The Renegade hasnt even been truly tested in a race enviroment yet so I will wait and let it prove itself. I really like the concept of it and am looking forward to see how it competes in the GNCC next year.

I agree Polaris really needs to get their act together and improve the Scrammy. Im ready for something better!!!

Old 11-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: spyder6
super. Scramblers and Renegades alike are still sport quads though, and your scrambler didnt come with that rack from the factory. for a rice farmer thats fairly ambitious to take a solid axle scrambler with a small rack out into your feilds. good luck with all your... riceing.
No need to be a di*k he is just asking an honest question. It is a shame we all can't be experts like you.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rundrave
If you were to show up to a GNCC race with a scrambler, wolverine or renegade you would be racing in the utility class. If you were to show up with an outlaw you wouldnt be racing with the utes....hows that

and all this IRS for XC racing....I would take a solid axle hands down over IRS for xc racing.

Renegade is a nice machine but you could build a much nicer quad and save $$$ rather than paying for the renegade out of the box. I would think a $6500 quad and $3000 grand in mods would make a much nicer sport ute.
The Renegade hasnt even been truly tested in a race enviroment yet so I will wait and let it prove itself. I really like the concept of it and am looking forward to see how it competes in the GNCC next year.

I agree Polaris really needs to get their act together and improve the Scrammy. Im ready for something better!!!
I would hate to say it, but putting $3000 into a Scrambler you would still be way behind the Renegade. The Scrambler puts out 36hp and the Renegade puts out 62hp. It would take some serious engine work to even get close. They both weight about the same, but the irs will be much better.

The Renegade just got a podium at a 300 mile race and will be in the Baja 1000 coming up.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Trailblazer

I wasnt referencing just the scrambler. If I had $$$ and was able to build a nice race Utility it would probably be a prairie or a brute force. I would never put that kind of money into a scrambler lol

In reference to the IRS. Having raced Utility quads, I prefer solid axle over IRS. I pass alot of guys in the woods with IRS who easily stuggle way more than I do with a solid axle. The off camber terrain and rutted areas are much easier to pass through and take much less out of you with a solid axle. Utilities are top heavy as it is, trying to keep 600lbs level is much harder with an IRS. Plus its much easier to powerslide through corners at high speeds with a solid axle. There are pros and cons to both, im my opinion I just prefer solid axle over IRS.

Im not knockign the renegade one bit, I like it. I know it did well in the 300mile. Too bad its big brother couldnt hold up to the 12hr race.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DeweyEvans
super. Scramblers and Renegades alike are still sport quads though, and your scrambler didnt come with that rack from the factory. for a rice farmer thats fairly ambitious to take a solid axle scrambler with a small rack out into your feilds. good luck with all your... riceing.
No need to be a di*k he is just asking an honest question. It is a shame we all can't be experts like you.
ya know because im completely being a dick...

Old 11-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rundrave
I wasnt referencing just the scrambler. If I had $$$ and was able to build a nice race Utility it would probably be a prairie or a brute force. I would never put that kind of money into a scrambler lol

In reference to the IRS. Having raced Utility quads, I prefer solid axle over IRS. I pass alot of guys in the woods with IRS who easily stuggle way more than I do with a solid axle. The off camber terrain and rutted areas are much easier to pass through and take much less out of you with a solid axle. Utilities are top heavy as it is, trying to keep 600lbs level is much harder with an IRS. Plus its much easier to powerslide through corners at high speeds with a solid axle. There are pros and cons to both, im my opinion I just prefer solid axle over IRS.

Im not knockign the renegade one bit, I like it. I know it did well in the 300mile. Too bad its big brother couldnt hold up to the 12hr race.
I race XC to and have done about 12 GNCC races, and yes irs can be a handfull. But racing a Outty is about as close as you can get to a sra by being irs. It slides very nice and with stiffer front shocks, handles off camber great. In racing, the Prarie and Bomb are the 2 to beat. On a side note, do you know what happen at the 12hr race? Ussually if a Bomb has a break down it's all over the web by people bashing it, but have not heard a thing about the 12 hr team. I didn't know if they wrecked it or got hit.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

spyder calm your patooti [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] lol

Id say the renegade is like going to be unstoppable in evefy dimension. I bet it will outrun the 450's!

Old 11-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a dealer by me that sells Polaris and Canam called leroys snowmobile in PA. I know a mechanic there and they have 1 renegade there for a demo. He says it spanks the pred500 and cant say enough about it.. I am going there this weekend to test ride it on their track. I will keep you all posted to see what I think of it. I think it is going to be a wicked quad and polaris will definately have to step up. Im thinking a 800cc ho efi with irs, adjustable shocks, manual tranny with dry weight of 550lbs. YAH RIGHT!!! Anyway Ill let ya all know.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:23 PM
RJF
Range Rover

Oh so should I call you and ask what I need and don't need in the rice business? How many years have you been in the rice industry? How many acres do you farm again, I think I missed that.....

Go back into town and don't tell me what will and won't work for me. I don't need yet another city slicker that thinks they would/could be great farmers and tell us how to do it....

Now, if you would ask questions like "wouldn't you need something heavier duty for farm work?" instead of telling a "professionial" what they need. I think I need to fly out to Washington D.C. and give 'ol George a tour of the white house and how our senate works.... lol..

Yes, I need something heavy duty in the rice field, at times. Thats why I have a 700 Sportsman and an 800 Sportsman Stealth. If I need to pull a ring roller to smooth out a dirt road, push hay bails, or winch a feeder house chain out of a combine (thanks Polaris for the heavy Sportsmans, great anchors).....then I'll whip out the big twin cylinder'd machines.

For the majority of my rice work I ride around from field to field, irrigation box to box, and look things over. No hard work at all, just some weeds, some mud at times (that would be the need for 4x4), and need to carry a shovel and some short PVC pipe. Gotta' have the auto as shifting for hours gets old.

Outlaw....no way would work.... Scrambler, perfect.

Now that you have more info maybe you can not be quite the know it all for my situation.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:26 PM
RJF
Range Rover

Back on topic please....

Does anyone know of some updates or potential plans for an '08 Scrambler?

I'd simply be happy with either the 700 or 800 with EFI in place of the 500, full guages like the Sportsman, and maybe a little bit of suspension work to get just a hair smoothe ride out of it if it's easily possible. Oh, and an aluminum wheel option...I'd be happy as a clam with that setup.

Quick Reply: Whats this new 800 Renegade all about? Polaris changes soon???