Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Question for x_scrambler3

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2000, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to know how you got your Trailblazer down to 265 LBS. I have always been very curious what makes these quads so heavy. You must have found everything to get the weight down that much. That is a 175 LB reduction plus the weight of fuel.

Or maybe you meant to type 365 LBS in that post. Either way, thats a big weight loss. That would be 75 LBS plus the weight of fuel. I have seen some people boast about taking off 50 LBS but, would never comment on how to do it.

YOUR REPLY WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!

Old 12-09-2000, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

I asked him that a long time ago, and just found the post("lightweight trailblazer"......), so check it out, it might help ya a litle

Old 12-10-2000, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

The first thing you must know is my TB if you found the stock weight would be the same as the 94 TB. Mine never had electric start.I never look to see what it weight was to start. I totaly tore it down last winter for the 2000 racing season. It was down to the bar frame. I removed the floorboards an the mounts for them the floor borads weight alot. Removed the oil tank. Bought new rims from douglass an fasttrekkers for the front an terf tammers in the back. No lights I used 2000 scrambler Plastic. No mud flaps. Put DG aloy nerfs on an used recon pegs on it.DG pipe on it. The front bumber is one from a scrambler. Air box is cut down. I think the biggest weight loose was the floor boards an Plastic. Im going to video tape my TB when I tear it down agine here soon to rebuilt for next years racing an some of the races an jumps im doing with it. I weighted it an it was only 265. The bike only has what is need to run.If people are intressed in seeing it I can make copys of the tape of it. just e-mail me an let me know. Im thinking of a way to say some more weight by removing the reverse gears in it an only have drive then. You can goto lurch's web site an see the pics ot or goto my briefcase http://briefcase.yahoo.com/x_scrambler3
My friend an I race around some tree is his land an his is pretty much the race motor bye HPD an he can not out run me with the way mine handls an the weight. In a drag race he wwould woop me but not in the short strights an turns.

I am not hiding anything I did for weight saving ways
Hope this helps you.

Old 12-12-2000, 02:57 AM
Pro Rider

fastrnu,

I did a search for lightweight trailblazer and found nothing. Am I doing something wrong? How did you find it?

Old 12-12-2000, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider

I found it! That search engine just ain't worth much! I searched polaris with those words and found nothing but what you typed in the post. I scrolled down later and found it. Hummmmm!!!

x_scrambler3,

Thanks for your reply!!! I tried your breifcase. I got nothing. I did see th pics on Lurch's page though.