Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Bought NEW Scrambler 500 on Friday! Problems on Saturday!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought NEW Scrambler 500 on Friday! Problems on Saturday!!!!

run the **** out of it. skip the gentle breakin. let it warm up and hit it.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: ftwflh
Originally posted by: BassBlaster
Yes when you pipe and filter it you will have to rejet...I'm just not sure on the new jetting as mine is still stock.
If you find a White Bros pipe you wont have to rejet even with a K&N filter.These 500s are fat from the factory.

I can't seem to find a White Brothers slip on that will fit. I emailed www.rockymountainatv.com asking for a fit for the 2006 and they replied that they couldn't help me. Anyone out there know a model number for White Brothers that fits the 2006? Any online dealers you would recommend?

Thanks for your responses!

Old 11-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

Hotseat Pipe slip on did not have to rejet because did not change head pipe (http://www.hotseatperformance.com/)night and day sounds great.....good luck it really is a great quad

Old 11-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: mtpockets
I think all of you guys deserve to give credit where credit is due and warn us of who these terrible Dealers are that can't do a proper pre-delivery!

Please tell us who your selling Dealer is and where they are located.

I feel for the guy who drops the coin for a new ATV and can't keep it running 2 days later because of crappy Mfg/design or improper dealer set-up. It's just plain un-acceptable imo.

I was a victum of poor Polaris R+D on the new 500EFI with the stalling and over-heating in the first 20 min of operation. I know first hand how you must feel.
Mine was purchased at Hinds Performance Motersports just north of Columbus, OH. My inlaws also had problems with this dealer and thier employees are very unhelpful. When I bought my Scrambler they had a Scrambler ball cap in the display case they said had been in there for a couple years. I told them I wanted them to throw in the hat with my purchase and they wouldn't do it. They wanted five dollars for it. I'm dropping $6500 on a new quad and they couldn't even throw in a $5 ball cap. The service up there is terrible. They act like you are troubling them when you go in the place to buy something. I will never deal with them again.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Dino1000
Yes when you pipe and filter it you will have to rejet...I'm just not sure on the new jetting as mine is still stock.
If you find a White Bros pipe you wont have to rejet even with a K&N filter.These 500s are fat from the factory.

I can't seem to find a White Brothers slip on that will fit. I emailed www.rockymountainatv.com asking for a fit for the 2006 and they replied that they couldn't help me. Anyone out there know a model number for White Brothers that fits the 2006? Any online dealers you would recommend?

Here is a link to WhiteBros web site.You can find the part number and a dealer close to you.
But the thing has went up in price alot.
I like the Aaen megaphone in nickel plated with spak arrestor.It is expensive too but made real good with looks to match.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Dino1000

Here is a link to WhiteBros web site.You can find the part number and a dealer close to you.
But the thing has went up in price alot.
I like the Aaen megaphone in nickel plated with spak arrestor.It is expensive too but made real good with looks to match.

No link in the thread but if you're talking about www.whitebros.com, I've been there. Nothing on the site about the 2006 Scrammys. Only models for previous years. I sent the rider support team an email (sent it tonight). I look forward to a response by tomorrow (I hope).

If you saw something on the site I didn't, please let me know! Thanks Folks!

Old 11-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

Here is a link to WB pipe applications.It says 98-03 but they havent changed anything up to 06.
http://www.whitebrothers.com/2007/_a...lications.html

here is a link to Aaens 4stroke pipes

http://www.aaenperformance.com/4S_P1.asp

Old 11-14-2006, 02:05 AM
Trailblazer

i have a 06 also with no problem with about 20hrs on it. So i got the itch to upgrade parts where do i start and how do u know who to go with i know price is ont thing but whos got the best set up. i been considering rcr,hpd, white bros,hotseat and aaen... can some one help me

Old 11-14-2006, 07:54 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: gr8one
i have a 06 also with no problem with about 20hrs on it. So i got the itch to upgrade parts where do i start and how do u know who to go with i know price is ont thing but whos got the best set up. i been considering rcr,hpd, white bros,hotseat and aaen... can some one help me
Air filter upgrade and clutching is where you see the biggest gains.Then a pipe will get you a little more.First thing you need to do is figure out HOW you ride and build your cluch for that.(you dont cluch for the pipe on a 4stroke like you do a 2stroke)
For a cheap upgrade on clutching I recomend the Dalton blk/white primary spring and ride aawhile to see how you like it and then add or change clytch parts from there.You can get a spring from Rick Riter.

Old 11-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Trailblazer

ok i got the k&n but havent had a chance to install it i will prolly do it the day before thanksgiving cus i got the day off as for spring i will order one asap so i can have it by then do i need to change the weight or any thing else for these 2 mods and what will the blk/white spring do for me? from being on here a bit it seems to be the most popular.

Quick Reply: Bought NEW Scrambler 500 on Friday! Problems on Saturday!!!!