Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Gorilla's givin me fits!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 05:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Gorilla's givin me fits!

Why did you replace the axles in the first place for? Please don't tell me there was nothing wrong with the old axles and you paid big money for some high perfomance aftermarket axles, please don't tell me that! I just don't believe in changing and doing mods to any ATV like oversize tires cause problems too they change the balance and the center of gravity making the ATV dangerous and more prone to tip over. When I purchace a new ATV I put my trust that the Engineer that designed it has more brains than me. When you guys say you ride hard Im betting most of you guys could not keep up with me, I ride my little Eiger thru the woods at a very fast pace, I hit a river crossing at high speed so I have the speed to get it up a muddy vertical river bank, I take it up a hill climb thats sooo steep that if you stop in the middle or you don't make it ur atv will roll down and be destroyed, please don't tell me you ride hard cause I know if many of you guys ride in the conditions I ride you would chicken out. I know this for a fact, Im a hardened rider used to tough trails, when I go on poker runs across the state I find all of the poker run trails very easy with no tough challenge but most of the other riders there have problems and get scared and I think these poker runs are boring and easy.

Old 11-22-2006, 05:11 AM
Pro Rider

he broke them. or one anyways.

and id take that bet

Old 11-22-2006, 08:14 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MotoF150
Why did you replace the axles in the first place for? Please don't tell me there was nothing wrong with the old axles and you paid big money for some high perfomance aftermarket axles, please don't tell me that! I just don't believe in changing and doing mods to any ATV like oversize tires cause problems too they change the balance and the center of gravity making the ATV dangerous and more prone to tip over. When I purchace a new ATV I put my trust that the Engineer that designed it has more brains than me. When you guys say you ride hard Im betting most of you guys could not keep up with me, I ride my little Eiger thru the woods at a very fast pace, I hit a river crossing at high speed so I have the speed to get it up a muddy vertical river bank, I take it up a hill climb thats sooo steep that if you stop in the middle or you don't make it ur atv will roll down and be destroyed, please don't tell me you ride hard cause I know if many of you guys ride in the conditions I ride you would chicken out. I know this for a fact, Im a hardened rider used to tough trails, when I go on poker runs across the state I find all of the poker run trails very easy with no tough challenge but most of the other riders there have problems and get scared and I think these poker runs are boring and easy.
Did you guys hear something? It seem as though I hear and smell B/S splattering everytime the solid frame,limited slip,Gorilla winch,best looking guy in town,welding expert, keep it stock guy replys. Do me a favor, don't make my thread smell like the bullsh!t that the provide!

Yes, I did break an axle. It was the wierdest thing, Just sitting in the garage and "snap" it broke. This must be the truth, since nobody rides harder than you! MotoF150 reminds me of the annoying kid on the playground, SHOOO FLY, DON'T BOTHER ME!

Old 11-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

If the axles don't fit , don't worry , I bet there is a quilt show and flea market within a 30 mile radius . I know I sure get a charge out of looking at quilts and butter churns .
That is funny. I'm sure that would go down well. As in: honey, I'd like you to go to the flea market instead of riding with your buddies......... OY!!!!!!!! I'm glad I have buddies who are not of the feminine ilk and enjoy a day of hard rock climbing and down and dirty mudding. I hope you get your axle problems solved and can head out into the wild brown pudding (something like wild blue yonder). We're heading out on Friday to Claremont, NH for a day of riding before the trails close for winter on Dec. 1. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Love my Polaris. It hasn't failed me yet in over 250 miles of steep rock climbs and deep (up to the headlights) mudholes. Quad on.

Old 11-22-2006, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

Bent my axle. THat happens when the quad is upside down, wait on it's side, wait on its wheels, no, no wait upside down again......... But I was riding like a pansey anyway..... Knee and ankle surgery in 2 weeks....

Old 11-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

OUCH!!!! I hate hearing injury stories, but that is what you get when you ride like a sissy! Nobody rides as hard as the Moto man!

Atleast, you know how to change the axle out after you get better!

Old 11-22-2006, 11:44 AM
Range Rover

BOYY Moto, talk about blowing your own horn.

nothing personal.....

Mark

Old 11-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider

Yes he toots it, and his horn is the best and loudest around!

Old 11-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider

Just for the record -- I am just fooling around on here ...

Don't get mad at me even though I started it . :-)

Rick Ritter

Old 11-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Why did you replace the axles in the first place for? Please don't tell me there was nothing wrong with the old axles and you paid big money for some high perfomance aftermarket axles, please don't tell me that! I just don't believe in changing and doing mods to any ATV like oversize tires cause problems too they change the balance and the center of gravity making the ATV dangerous and more prone to tip over. When I purchace a new ATV I put my trust that the Engineer that designed it has more brains than me. [quote]

***** I hope so....

[quote]
Originally posted by: MotoF150 Wed November 22, 2006 3:04 AM
When you guys say you ride hard Im betting most of you guys could not keep up with me, I ride my little Eiger thru the woods at a very fast pace, I hit a river crossing at high speed so I have the speed to get it up a muddy vertical river bank, I take it up a hill climb thats sooo steep that if you stop in the middle or you don't make it ur atv will roll down and be destroyed, [quote]

***** Moto do you have a video of this I would love to see it!! I like watching those type of vids.. I have seen various folk out here riding thru mud pits and swamps. But I have never seen anyone hit a river crossing at high speed. I drive a 26,000 lb truck for work and when i hit a big puddle the water goes everywhere, totally blinds my windshield, what happens when the Eiger hits the river at high speed does it do the same? How fast is high speed? like 5 mph or 65 mph?

Originally posted by: MotoF150 Wed November 22, 2006 3:04 AM
please don't tell me you ride hard cause I know if many of you guys ride in the conditions I ride you would chicken out. I know this for a fact, Im a hardened rider used to tough trails, when I go on poker runs across the state I find all of the poker run trails very easy with no tough challenge but most of the other riders there have problems and get scared and I think these poker runs are boring and easy.
***** All the poker runs I have been on have been mostly logging roads.. Gee they must do things different in your areas.

Oh by the way MotoF150.. On the thread here.

You said

[quote]
Thu November 16, 2006 4:07 AM The neighbor has a 700 Polaris with a plow and im worried that his Polaris will out-perform my Eiger pushing snow, all I expect is my Eiger will match the Polaris. I was guilty bragging to him that my Eiger is just as good as his Polaris except his Polaris has a faster top speed. Im worried, I don't wanta him to see me stuck in the snow with my Eiger. If you guys that have experience in pushing snow could you give me some advice and tips on the right way to do it so I look good doing it so I won't look bad in front of my neighbor? .......

And

Fri November 17, 2006 3:54 AM

I never plowed snow with a ATV, and I don' wanta look stupid doing it in front of the neighbors cause I have a good reputation with the neighbors as being the most intelligent and the best looking man in town. I was worried about either getting my Eiger stuck or stalling it when pushing snow so I kinda figured I can push the snow in layers pushing the snow with the plow in the full lift postion, then lowering the plow and pushing the bottom layer again, I was thinking pushing snow that way is the safe way of doing it instead of pushing one big giant pile at a time. "pile" of snow.

***** Im suprised if your a hardened rider that you would get stuck in the snow. Did you ever figure out how to plow snow? Did you need to use my Craftsman rider to plow? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Never heard the outcome from it. Did you get stuck or did the Polaris outdo you? Just curious...

BTW: What cc is your eiger?

Instigator.. Wow your axle just snapped inthe garage the other day? Wow.. Hey at least your headlight didn fall out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Wow.. Im in rare form.. Just full of questions [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: New Gorilla's givin me fits!