Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

atv storage and question

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atv storage and question

Hi this is my first post on this forum.
I am thinking of buying an 07 polaris 800 deluxe IN europe, we go there every Christmas and summer. What do you think i should do to the atv when leaving i leave from christman to summer or summer to christmas (disconnecting battery etc.)
It snows over there so its always freezing. The atv is gonna be kept in a covered room.
And also do you think that the stock tires on the 800s are good for rocky areas (toooo rocky) and snow in the winter?
Thanks

Old 11-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

The quick answer is to look in the owners manual, you'll find a section in there on what to do to store the ATV. As far as the tires, they are probably good for the rocky riding as my stock tires did well this year on rocks and boulders. As far as the snow, it depends on what type of snow riding you plan on doing.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:05 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forums 800lover. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

Kind of putting the cart before the horse, You got an "800" type screen name, before you even own one. Not a big deal though. Those tires work great in rocky terrain, and I was impressed with the performance of mine in snow as well. I hope all works out for you. Welcome to the Forum!

Old 11-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

I thought the stock tires on my 06 800 were good on rocky trails and washouts, but I didn't leave them on very long. Sidewalls aren't too thick (2 ply?, 3 ply?), correct me if I'm wrong. I have always wound up putting 6 ply (or rated) tires on mine. Have 2 complete sets of stock tires in garage with sidewall cuts. My riding skill/lack of? Maybe, maybe not, but a good set of tires will be well worth it on the trail, and I have yet to cut a sidewall in one. Don't always see that tree root, or rock sticking out of side of trail/rut, and always going slow to avoid is no fun.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

I know what you mean 'outside2day'.

My stock Carlies tires on my Sp 450 got a
side war puncture on rock on my rear backend
left at "GreenRidge" trail in Western, Maryland.
Good thing I had a normal tire plug kit. FYI, that
slime never worked for me. Ended up buying a
new replacement tire. After I wear these tires down,
I gonna go for the MudLites or SwapLites.

R'

Old 11-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks or the replies guys. I think that tires or not a big problem i can always upgrade them.

INSTIGATER
My screen name is 800 lover because i Am 100% Sure that im gonna buy it because after my research on atvs i found that the 800 is the king of all atvs.

Thanks

Trending Topics

Old 12-01-2006, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

Rtickwad, yeah, kind of a day ruiner when you cut one, done three times now on stock tires. I haven't seen slime work either, even in small holes in tread pattern. Low- pressure tires maybe? Last time I sliced one, limped to truck, took 2 fronts off, drove 20 mi to bike shop, threw on 2 pricey Mud Lite XL's, and back riding in couple hrs. Much more durable tires.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: outside2day
I thought the stock tires on my 06 800 were good on rocky trails and washouts, but I didn't leave them on very long. Sidewalls aren't too thick (2 ply?, 3 ply?), correct me if I'm wrong.

PXT's are 6-Ply. Look at the sides of yours: 3 stars equals 6 ply.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

Didn't know 3 star's meant 6-ply. Looked at the tires, have in garage, says nothing on ply but 3 stars are there. I weighed the PXT"s compared to Mud Lite's on the front. Mud Lite's about 4lbs heavier on a 25" XL tire (same mounted height) vs 26" PXT. Rear's I have 26" Titan 589 (heavy), about 12lbs heavier than PXT's. Checked this when I swapped. Don't want to add weight, but don't want flats either. Had bad luck with stock tires thus far and have had no flats with aftermarket tires mentioned.

Quick Reply: atv storage and question