Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Driving ATV in States

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving ATV in States

Hello All,
Would you please tell me is there a possibleity to drive ATV on main road or highway in USA?if yes,would you please tell me which county can drive ATV on Street.I own ATV with street legal but dont know where to drive(which state or county in USA).
Thank you and please pm me with your answer because I am not always online to see.your help is my pleasure.
Best Regards and have a nice safety weekend.
Dedi

Old 12-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Trailblazer

Idaho. Both of my 4 wheelers are street legal. Horn, brake light, head light, mirror, license plate, and insurance are required. My Dirt bike is also street legal.

PM'ed you on this also.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you can drive anything on the rd as long as its road reg. and can pass an inspection w/ the horn, lights, blinkers, and what not. but then you cant drive a road reg. vechical on the trails. it kinda of a catch 22 if you know what i mean.

Old 12-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Trailblazer

Most states do not allow on road riding.

Here is a link with more info.

http://www.atvsafety.org/InfoSheets/...artMay2006.pdf

Old 12-15-2006, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider

ATV's are not allowed on any portion of the roads in Michigan, not even a dirt shoulder.

Old 12-15-2006, 11:01 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: stendori
you can drive anything on the rd as long as its road reg. and can pass an inspection w/ the horn, lights, blinkers, and what not. but then you cant drive a road reg. vechical on the trails. it kinda of a catch 22 if you know what i mean.
In Idaho you can have both a license plate and an off-road sticker.

Blinkers are not required, but I recommend them.
Idaho has one law that I disagree with, No Helmet required.

Old 12-16-2006, 01:23 AM
Trailblazer

Dedu,

I can tell what you are thinking. You would like to tour the U.S. on a quad. I know a lot of Europeans like to do vehicle tours in other countrys. I know they do it in Europe all the time. I have been over there. It can't be done on a quad here. The authorities here get too hinked up about quads on the streets. Your best shot would be to do it on a two wheel motorcycle or rental vehicle. You might be able to rent a Jeep with a canvas top you could put down. I picked up a couple of hitchhikers in Sequoia National Park last year. They were a young couple from France. They had flown into Los Angeles planning to spend a month or so touring the western U. S. via public transportation. They had no idea how bad public transportantion in the U. S. is. They got stranded on foot up there and it was going to be dark in a couple of hours. People in the U. S. do not llike to pick up hitchikers. If I had not picked them up they would have been up $h!t creek. When I saw what the situation was I gave them a ride 30 miles back down the mountain to their motel. Like I said, do an internet search. There are car rental companies that will rent you regular cars by the week for a reasonable price if you have a credit card. Some of them have Jeeps available. Good luck and I hope you do make it over here. There is a lot of good stuff to see.

Old 12-16-2006, 02:52 AM
Pro Rider

I live in Montana and as far as I know the only states that you can drive them in are MT,ID,WY,and AZ.

Old 12-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

Dearborn Co. in Indiana

Old 12-16-2006, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

IL is out but if you're using for Ag you might get away with it.

Quick Reply: Driving ATV in States