Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Price range for 07 Deluxe - limited edition

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price range for 07 Deluxe - limited edition

Here's my take on price. I think a typical dealer should be able to get you to a price at least 10% below MSRP. During specials, closeouts and possibly manufacturer rebate seasons you should get closer to 15% below MSRP or more. There will always be some dealers that may be closer to 20% or more below MSRP, but those are few and far between. If a dealer can't get you close to at least 10% below MSRP I'd keep looking. Just my 2 cents.

And many thanks to you and all other Americans & troops for your servece in this war or terror!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

amen farmboy!!!!!!!!!!! hope all have a safe time over ther and try to have a merry christmas as well.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks guys for the kind words. The true heroes are those in uniform who provide us a safe place to lay our heads at night!

I'll tell each of you this, if a feller were to happen up on an ATV over here, there is some PRIME riding. The base where I'm located with mostly all flat, but the military has pushed up miles and miles of high berms. Of course those flying fire ants on the other side my sting ya fer a while if you push your luck........Lol. Each time I fly, I think of how much fun one could have if they just had an hour or two of play time. Well at least we can dream over here.

I'll continue to shop around so I can find a place that does not attempt to git rich with every sale. I want a good ride, but I don't wish to carelessly throw money away. For those with the 800's that trail ride, are you guys completely satisfied with your bike, any changes you would do if a second chance were to make it your way? Unless I plow a green, I can't imagine ever needing the power that an 800 puts out. I think its more of simply buying a bike Ive dreamed about. Of course the 800's were not always around, but I figure bigger is better? I'm assuming the handling characteristics are at least in the vicinity of those with 500-700 as far as trail riding?

Ideas?

Kenny

Old 12-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Range Rover

The only reason to buy a deluxe model is to get the "New 4 wheel engine braking" all the other stuff is add ons but the new ADC is only offered on the 07 800 and 500 deluxe edition. If you live in a area where you have to go down steep grades, its the only way I would buy polaris again. I sold my 05 800, and it was awesome 95% of the time,, but it was scary as the devil going down slick hills as ALL other polaris models only have rear wheel engine braking and they will lock up and slide. I look for this to be standard on all polaris utilities but right now its not.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

i have had my 800 on some pretty steep hills my self and have had no problems, there again im a very experinced rider and it doesnt matter if i had engine breaking or not. i do not regret buying the 800 as you i wanted the biggest there was to offer. if you dont care about all the power or having the biggest then the 500 is just as good in the riding department.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think I'd buy from a dealer who talked junk about what you want in the first place. 90% of the time I have heard that told to me about a product it is most likely the oppisite. I went to circut city and was going to purchase a tv and they really pushed me off of what I wanted to another brand. I decided to think about it a day or so and I came back and another salesman told me that the reason the other guy done that was because they were told to push those models because they had so many. They even had the one I wanted marked alittle higher. I have never had any issue with the ebs as mentioned in an earlier reply. The ADC is a great feature. I have the regular ebs and I go down steep hills and have never had a problem. You should be able to get an 800 deluxe for I would think under or around 9,000 OTD. Polaris markup varies but they usually range frm 10-15%. DON'T PAY 10,000 bucks for it. You can get a Ranger for less than that. Oh, My father n law served in Iraq when the war first started. He said there were some Polaris rangers and atv's being used there. Maybe you can find one. Just curios, For the most part the media really downs the progress and has no good news to report coming from there. I know the media leans pretty far left for the most part. I here form people who are there now or have just come home and they give oppisite reports than you here on TV. They say the place is in better shape than let known. I know they are bad areas around Bagdad and other larger cities but what is you opinion on the progress?

Old 12-21-2006, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer

Do the posts saying you should be able to get a new bike for 10-15% off MSRP mean that price out the door? Dealers will try to get you to pay MSRP plus shipping, handling, setup, license, tax etc. This can add a lot of negotiating cushion for the dealer.

It seems that you should be able to get a bike for under MSRP OTD plus the options which should also be discounted. Is this a valid guideline?

Old 12-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Range Rover

The 10-15% off of MSRP should include everything except sales tax and state registration. Don't let them take 15% off the MSRP and add in hundreds of dollars in set-up, prep and dealer fees. Negotiate one price then all you need to add in is sales tax and state registration.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

it all depends on the dealer. how hard up he is to sell a product, like if bussiness is slow, if he has too much inventory, and depending on what time of the yr it is. when i bought my wifes sp. 450 the best i could do is 100.00 retail amd i talked to 5 dealerships of all sizes and brands, but it was prime wheeling season so we paid the higher price.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the post Pro Rider, and others (now 18 hours later since we lost internet/phone)

Yes indeed there are Polaris ATV's over here. They also use the big Gaiters. What I would do to just sit on one, but it would be like giving drugs to a druggie. Don?t think I could handle not going for a ride knowing what?s just beyond the camp. The land here would be an ATV and bikers dream come true!

Yes indeed I am lusting for power. However I know there is such thing as overkill......Lol. If the bike it just so heavy not to be rider friendly on the trails, then I would have to reconsider what I want, and what I need. I have a Prairie 400 4X4 now, so I hope this will give my dad and me a way to share some time together. Bad that it took me coming over here to really realize what I was not doing at home.

In regards to the media - personally I think they should swingem by their toe nails and horse whip them, and then when all is good, stickem in the sand so the camel spiders can pick the flesh off their hide! Ok, ok those are some serious remarks, but I do think this place is over televised and that our troops are thus again limited on how to run operations.............Honestly though, I; like many of each of you depend on the very same news channels to get what ever news we see. For good reason the troops are forbidden to speak of their missions, and I respect that.

As a civilian medic, I'm confined here to the base providing care to the contractors, and on a few occasions the military - but rarely on occasion. The military here are a great bunch of folks; they come from all walks of life and represent many nations. They serve our country proud, and I wish the media would wake up and give these guys who are loosing their buddies day after day they credit they deserve!

Now back to ATV's.................Lol.

Ride safe,

Kenny

Quick Reply: Price range for 07 Deluxe - limited edition