Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

CHILL OUT.....................

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2000, 09:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Polaris owners are so quick to get upset about statements on this forum. I have a scrambler, express, and a Ruby. I like them all. They each have their place. Just because i like the trans in the Honda does not mean i am going to dump the scrambler. You can throw more snow at your buddies with it in 2 wheel drive than the Honda ever could......By the way, I got a kaw 650 on order. You got to admit, it is going to be one heck of a stable....

Old 12-12-2000, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

Wow golly gee it's going to be one heck of a stable.

Already, the collection is profoundly impressive.

I'm certain I join many other readers suitably impressed.

You're not flaunting your material possessions now, are you?

Since you own these diverse machines, you can evaluate their characteristics with some authority; you seem to be an EOAO--Equal Opportunity ATV Owner. Thanks for sharing.

Diogenes

Old 12-12-2000, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

slick

Maybe everyone wouldn't get bent out of shape if you didn't post topic's like "Belt Burners" or put language in your thread like "you wouldn't buy a belt drive truck would you". I said it in the other forum and I will say it again. You have a great new machine and you should be proud of it, but why do you need to run everyone else's machine down? Does this make you feel better about yourself? I think the Ruby transmission is great, but for my needs, the belt drive is one heck of a lot cheaper and provides excellent service. You say you are buying the Kawasaki 650. Guess what, that is also belt drive. If you dislike the belt drives so bad, why would you spend $7000 on another one? Keep us informed on how the Ruby tranmission continues to perform, we already know how the belt drive transmissions work.

P.S. You must have one heck of a job to afford all of those atv's!!

Old 12-13-2000, 04:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3tv,
your rear tires only need to spin one time before front tire engagement happens on the up hill climb that you earlier mentioned.Once AWD is activated,it will STAY in 4wd until the torque is released from the front hubs[EXAMPLE,once you are to the top of the hill or on the descend side of the hill,the AWD will than release].Then,and only then,will the front hubs release.

So goes your thought that the rearwheels are forced to spin all the way up the hill to keep the quad in 4wd!

I invite you to try something,it will prove to you that your AWD statements of needing a constant rear wheel spin for 4WD are incorrect.Drive to any moderate muddy or sandy hill in reverse.Keep the quad in 2wd.Make the rear tires loose traction,stop,engage AWD,you will now see that once the AWD is activated, the quad will make it to the top of the hill WITHOUT the tires spining.

I hope you do not concider me a defensive Polaris owner [I also have a Honda to].Rather im merly just trying to clearify your thoughts on the CORRECT funtion of Polaris AWD systems,
Bill

Old 12-13-2000, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

Just for a little improved accuracy and precision, 3TV, Polarises have absolutely no DIFFERENTIALS at all.

None.

Really.

Diogenes

Old 12-13-2000, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

These people who list thay own 5 different Machines sound a bit fishy to me.How can one person ride and insure that mny machines and why would you want to?

Old 12-13-2000, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

3ATV http://www.atvconnection.com/atvconn.../nyatvpull.cfm Now tell me how there is a problem with result like this? If polaris has a bad 4wd system than the others must have a 4wd system that really sucks big time.

Old 12-13-2000, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

O.K., 3TV; however, whether one CALLS something a differential or not doesn't MAKE the object a differential.

A differential permits differential action, allowing the two connected wheels to rotate at different (hence, "differential") speeds and dividing the power from the driveshaft between the two wheels.

Polarises have no differentials, regardless what name you assign their front and rear final drives.

Diiogenes

Old 12-13-2000, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

He's probably listing all of the quads owned by him and his extended family, might have thrown in a few of the neighbors quads as well.

Old 12-13-2000, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

My personal favorite is PolarisMan. He list about $20,000 worth of fairly new quads, and he is only in high school. Mickey D's must be paying better than it used to. I need to modify my signature to include all of my dad's toys. Sure I'm thirty years old and did nothing to earn those, but what the heck. On second thought, I'll stick to the ones I bought and paid for myself

Quick Reply: CHILL OUT.....................