Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Carburetor HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 trailblazer...:-(

I have a Carburetor question...on my 2000 trailblazer Carb. Someone correct me if i'm wrong but there is 4 places where a Plastic tubing hooks up.

1. is the FUEL In which is point up towards the seat and is on the back side of the carb away from the engine.
2. ? is on the back side of the carb away from the engine but is point towards your right leg if you was setting on it.
3. ? is on the right side of the carb above the Round phillips screw? and has black plastic on it?
4. ? is at the BOWL... on the bottum of the carb pointing towards your left leg.??

Question is in what manner should the plastic tubing hook to number 2,3,and 4.

I have 4 plastic clear tubes and 1 T-block.

I'm thinking this might be why it will hardly start and when it does will only run for about 10 secs?

I've had the top end rebuilt and a new starter put on it...the guy at the polaris store said that I would need to rebuild my carb one day.

I took the carb apart and soaked it in carb cleaner and blew it out with an air compressor... but its still doing the same as before.

HELP!!!!!!!!!1 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2007, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carburetor HELP!!!

just an idea sounds like you have the most important line hooked up #1 the fuel in line the others are vent lines and it will run the same on or off, make sure your oil injector line is hooked up tho. sounds like your problem is a plugged piolet jet in the carb. pull the carb remove the float and use a small flat screwdriver to remove the piolet jet from the recessed hole and clean it well 9 times outta 10 this will solve the problem and i'll look at my book for a routing diagram to post on the vent lines

let me know if that helps,
Rich

Old 01-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok i'll give that a try, i've been trying to find some pics of how the plasitc tubes go on the carb but I haven't found any yet.

Thanks.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am having the same exact problem. please post a diagram if you have one!

Old 02-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

ive got the same problem too..only i took the carb apart and it looked like brand new..ima do it again jus to make sure there isnt sumthing i might have over looked.. but my quad sounds dead and hasnt started in like 10 days..ive taken apart everything on this quad and cant get it to start even wth starter fluid..please someone help..a # of people on this fourm have this probelm and ive searched and found nuthing on this subject that was helpfull
thanks

Old 02-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the vent lines are important as to being on and to make sure there clear and not pinched.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

i'm starting to think that Polaris=junk..., I haven't been able to crank the thing for over 2 months, and I don't feel like taking it back to the dealer again. I've tried everything that people have told me.

does anyone have a place to download the service manual for the 2000 trailblazer? maybe that would show how the tubes hook up to the carb?

Old 02-27-2007, 10:30 PM

well.................ill go out AND take a quick look and see what i can see mi slef i got the tb but u can heremanual

page 44 d1 brb

Old 02-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if u cant crank it over your problem isnt teh carb...as logn as your fule line is conenected your ok to go...The ones with teh T is the vents. and not sure abuot eht 4th idk if scrammy 400 carb has it i forget

Old 02-28-2007, 09:43 PM

okie queations here if i take mi carb out is there any thing that i need to make sure not to dissadjust

Quick Reply: Carburetor HELP!!!