Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Electrical help

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical help

Does anybody know where I can find a diagram of the electrical box on a 95 Magnum 425? I just replaced the start/kill switch on it and on the old one the prior owner had disconnected the override button and I need to find what terminals the three wires for the override button connect to.
Thanks

Old 01-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Electrical help

On these older Polaris ATV's everything plugs into the circuit board. The board tells you where the wires go by color code.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Electrical help

Thanks cornbread2, I guess I will have to blow it out because it's so full of sand and grit in the circuit board I can't see anything.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Electrical help

Well I blew it all out and due to the wear and tear most of the writing is worn off. Does anyone know if this kind of there is a diagram in the clymer manual?

Old 01-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Electrical help

there is one in the owners manual but it doesnt show which wires go where in the circuit board I have the diagrams in a service manual also, looked at it and it is the same as the owners manual, do you know someone with a 425 you can look at? From what I see 95-96-97 were all the same.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Electrical help

If you can't read the board that is no problem. Each section of the board is seperate. There is a seperate section for red wires. There is a section for black wires. Another section for red and white wires ect.

Just plug in your wires in the correct section.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Electrical help

I guess the question I have now is why would anyone disconnect this in the first place?

Old 01-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electrical help

Most people un-hook this (over-ride) because they plow with there quads and backing up becomes a real pain in the a$$. So they don't want it.
Do you know if they plowed with that quad?......Caper........

Old 01-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Electrical help

I'm not sure. I plow with it and that is why I wanted to hook it up for having 4x4 in reverse. I have chains on it and it works fine without the AWD but am going to be taking it out this weekend to pull the fish house and also thought I may need AWD reverse in case I get stuck.

Old 01-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electrical help

Originally posted by: Groogs
I'm not sure. I plow with it and that is why I wanted to hook it up for having 4x4 in reverse. I have chains on it and it works fine without the AWD but am going to be taking it out this weekend to pull the fish house and also thought I may need AWD reverse in case I get stuck.
Ther is a kit you can get to over-ride this and STILL have your AWD......I don't have this done ..But lots on here do ..Try to type in a search for "Reverse over-ride" and see what you get
You can do a search on top of this page.....in the box if you don't know how.........People want to go in reverse with-out the rev-limiter cutting in......If you did not have this hooked up ...Do you even know how the engine is limited in Reverse????....Caper........

Quick Reply: Electrical help