Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ok heres a good laugh question

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007 | 08:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default ok heres a good laugh question

When I joined this forum in '97 (not '99 like it says) I was fresh into four-wheelin' (coming from years driving/wrenching Max 6-whl amphibs). I considered this forum ATV University. Like any good forum you can learn a lot about whatever subject matter is covered in a very short period of time, but this one is far better than most. Lots of eyeballs, lots of knowledgeable contributors and lots of kind folks generous with their wealth of experience.

It's hard for some (spouses) to get the concept that this is a community of people with a common passion. There are a lot of times I'm on here when I should be doing something else (like now!) but I'll never consider the time wasted.

Old 01-25-2007 | 08:49 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

My wife is fine with it. She is very low maintenance. She lets me go on rides with the buds, go hunting when I feel up to it, fishing's not a problem, etc. I tell her I've been able to help people and have been helped out too. Cheaper than a therapist. The best therapy is a good long ride on a clear 65 degree day!

Old 01-25-2007 | 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

My wife just says "how are your friends tonight" She doesnt care that I am on here at all. I dont post much but I read everything. Besides, she's on ebay for more hours than I could think about [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am either on here or in the garage. She has even asked me if I kissed my 450 goodnight LOL. (btw - she had a 79 trans am - and I SAW her kiss it one night) My wife is the best!

If your wife complains then tell her your going to sell your computer and go out drinkin - that will change her mind. Theres alot worse things we could all be doing! This place has taught me allot and has given me great ideas. Whats better than learning cool stuff?

Hey - this is good clean honest fun - well at least it was until Caper referred me and Stendori as chicks! LMFAO

Thanks to everyone on the forum - especially Stendori & Caper for puttin up with my "newbie" questions!

Old 01-25-2007 | 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

the wife dont mind it keeps me home and out of the BAR..... DAMM COMPUTER

Old 04-02-2007 | 12:51 AM
Range Rover

hey brutus does your wifey have a sister?

Old 04-02-2007 | 03:25 AM
Trailblazer

Well at 70 years old, my wife doesn't really care what I do as long as I am in the house......However when I am out working on the 600 twin or restoring the power wagon, or working on the diesel loaders (they got me buffalowed right at the moment) or workin on the race truck, THENNNNNNN she wants to know if I am coming in the house today or tonight for that matter (we can work outside here until 10-11pm with our warm weather year round (don't own a garage).

I have learned more on this forum about working on ATV's that all my years of riding have ever taught me. I will finnish up my boot replacement tomorrow, and I owe it all to you guys, telling me how to go about it. Not to mention the many $'s I saved doing it myself. Out here they are charging $95.00 hr in the shops [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Thanks to ALLLLLLLLL of you for listening to this "OLD" cowhands problems [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2007 | 07:42 AM
|
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

i my self love stories like this becuase it rinds me of one of the reasons i do this posting. i'll tell you a short(hopefully) about a long time ago i had this project i was working on and only one guy new the answer i needed. well any way i went to this guy to ask my question(cant remeber what now) and he told me for $10.00 he would tell me the answer. anyways i had to pay for my one word anwser and to this day i'll never forget how some one wouldnt be nice and just give the answer out. so that being said i always help out other people w/ advise to what ever knowledge(useless most of the time i know)that i have to help for nothing. god bless ya at 70 being out and active and playing. i hope im as half as good when i reach that age.

Old 04-02-2007 | 08:28 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Wife? I knew I forgot about something. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2007 | 11:24 AM

where im 16 a d still live at home mi mom is always complaning about me being on mi laptop and on here.....i tell her it could be worse i could be out with mi friends getting into truble but instead im home learning things that could possible in the future save us money

a BIG thanks goes out to all of u guys special sten

Old 04-03-2007 | 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

I'm on at work more than home, the three little ones harass me at home when on, or want to see a online 4 whlr video! Waiting for the hand slap or worse at work. Like said, better than **** or out at the bars. This place is such a wealth of info. Has saved me plenty of $ in only the few months I have been aware of this site. Thanks all for sharing and keep it up please!

Quick Reply: ok heres a good laugh question