Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Come on Guys

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Come on Guys

I bought my warranty when I got the quad - I got a 3 year for 400 I think. I figure a peice of mind and I dont have to worry about it. But then again - i prob worry too much. But when your buying a 6k machine - 400 doesnt seem so much so i went for it

Old 01-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Come on Guys

i got a 3 yr extened warr. w/ my 800. it was part of the deal to buy it when i did. i didnt buy a ext. for my 450 though. like i said earlier i really think it all depends on the dealer if they want to help or not. example; when i blew my front cv, dealer said that they had to send pictures to polaris to see if they would cover it. now at the same i lost a boot on the rear(which warranty doesnt cover) and i ate the cost to fix it because the dealer misunderstood me telling him that if warr. covered it to fix it and if not i would do it myself. now after getting it back fixed and riding again, i only drove it about 35 miles and the boot that they fixed the clamp came off(not put on right by them) and yep it took out the cv again. went back to them to have them fix their srew up and they refused to fix it and said it was the other side. so after giving this dealer in 3 machines over $20,000 in business i will never spend a dime again there. so dealer makes a differnce.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Come on Guys

stendori, get this.. i bought my sportsman from GARS HONDA/POLARIS in grand rapids michigan on a friday afternoon and took it home the sales process was very smooth. i only work about 3 miles away thats why i bought from them and i told them that it would be much eaiser to get my sporty seviced that way..any ways after rideing for the weekend (about 90 miles) i noticed the that the rear brake line rubbed throught the inbaord cv boot .. i loaded it back on the truck verry disapointed that it was not preped ( assembled/inspected) by the dealer when i got there the owner him self told me he dropped the polaris line on that saturday and would not service my quad under warrenty but would do all the customer pay sevice i wanted done ..... HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT ONE..... now i have to dive 35-40 miles to the next nearest dealer .. i called polaris/ the better buisenss beuro/ and lodged a comaplint w/ the state of michigan but got nowere.. not bashing polaris at all but GARS HONDA and the owner gary are nothing but crooks.... i talked to NELSONS SPEED SHOP in greenville mi and explained the story to them and they knew GARS was dropping the polaris line a month before.. but any ways i bought a 5yr star protection plan from them for the tune of about 900.00 and believe me i have had more that in reapirs

Old 01-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Come on Guys

Man those last two situations suck! While I went to college I worked at the local Polaris dealership as a both a mechanic and as a salesman. I graduated last month so I just get a few hours in part-time and on the weekends but I would feel sick if we treated anyone like that. Stendori, I can't imagine how pissed off you must have felt with the CV issue.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Come on Guys

yup it did suck. but what pises me off to no end is that if i was in business and i had a real good customer (repeat) i would bend over backwards for him as much as i could to kep him somewhat happy. they didnt even offer to give me the parts at cost or anything after buying both wheelers w/ in 5 months. or well their loss.