Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Warn RT & XT Series Winchs

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warn RT & XT Series Winchs

Just wondering if anyone has installed one of these on there Sportsman yet. IM looking at the XT30 for my 06 500 HO and would like to get any input on them i can. Cool forum ya guys got here thanks for the help.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

bump - anyone have one of these? these have a lifetime warranty too

Old 04-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Pro Rider

I have one, It's a limited edition one. It is red in color, synthetic rope(which I love), lifetime warranty, same "footprint" as the 2000 and 2500 winches. I don't know what is special edition about it, but here is the literature for mine:

CLACKAMAS, Ore. (Sept. 7, 2005) - Warn Industries today unveiled a new special-edition ATV winch built specifically for the most extreme riders who push themselves and their quads to the limit.

The new 3.0xt, a 3,000 lb. capacity unit built for extreme use, is the first WARN ATV winch to come with a standard synthetic rope (50 ft.), and also features a standard mechanical drum brake that is designed to provide positive operator control.

The 3.0xt's synthetic rope is lightweight and contributes to an overall winch weight of just 16.3 lbs. A 3-ft. Chafe Guard Sleeve helps protect the rope from rocks and other natural hazards found in extreme terrain conditions.

Additional features of the new 3.0xt include:

High-torque .9hp motor that delivers the correct balance of speed, torque and power. The winch is rated to pull 3,000 lbs.

3-stage planetary gear train that delivers superior performance and reliability. Proven to be the most efficient gear reduction design on the market today.

Powder-coated WARN Red finish

Two control devices - hand-held remote control and handlebar mounted mini-rocker switch
that give instant response during a winch operation.

Limited Lifetime Warranty
As a special edition winch, the 3.0xt will be produced in limited quantities and available while supplies last. Customers can call 800-543-9276 or visit www.warn.com to find an authorized WARN dealer

Old 04-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

sounds like a reg. 3.0 winch w/ the synt. rope on it.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Pro Rider

Not trying to argue, but does the standard 3.0 have a drum brake also?

Old 04-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well guys i bought the XT25 for my wifes Foreman and a RT30 for my SP500. Ive been impressed with both of them since they've both had a few workouts since we got them.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Trailblazer

I have the 2500 xt on my scramy and love it I have used it a 100 times to pull people out I even had to use it top pull my friend 700 grizzly out the mud that was hard had to pin the winch on a tree cuz it started to pull my bike in the mud I all so0o cut 3/4 of the way in to this 3 in round tree with the rope pulled it all the way out to check it over and there is nothing wrong with it but in your case I would def go with the 3000 cuz I barely got him out I need a lil more power and it would of been fine

Old 04-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

Originally posted by: Instigater
Not trying to argue, but does the standard 3.0 have a drum brake also?
the 3.oxt has a menchical brake, where mine is a 3.0 ci which has the reg brake. if it was a ce. it would have the mench. brake as well. everything esle is the same except for color and the synth. rope. their both discontioned with the new xt and rt verisions. the mench. brake is avaible PN 65327 for the other ones.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

I knew they could be added on, but was unaware of the standard features. I have hardly used the 3.0(front one). Not being conceited, but I usually don't get stuck. I do however pull others out. When I hook to someone else I try use the rear, for better tire traction from my quad. I should probably switch them so the bigger winch is used more often, plus it is a waste to have a limetime warranty and rarely use the winch. I think when the 1 year is up(Oct.), I will switch them around! When things are real bad, I break out the ****** block!

Old 04-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

yea i was thinking of getting a snach block myself. go to find a a set up some where to build.

Quick Reply: Warn RT & XT Series Winchs