Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Rear Foot rest

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Foot rest

Originally posted by: crashbyI'm more lookin for more storage and a place to put a MP3 player with some speakers. and sometimes the old lady if she behaves lol
Any of these things would get trashed if they rode with me, LOL!!!

Old 02-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rear Foot rest

Well I looked at the Tamarack floor board extensions and they look like they would impede on my feet on the boards, and thats no good. I did some diggin on my local distributors website and hidden in the bumper section, low and behold I found fender protectors with built in footrests. Perfect now I have to spend more money lol, on fender protectors and a back seat now. But maybe the old lady will be happy and I can have a "BIG BOX" like CAPER lol

Old 02-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Foot rest

Hey Scrammy Let me know about those foot-rests......My daughter is scratching up my fenders also..........and she will soon be ready to put her feet on something to keep her rear in place............She only 8 right now but getting taller by the hour I think!!!!....Caper..............

Old 02-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Foot rest

Originally posted by: SCRAMMYTODD
Well I looked at the Tamarack floor board extensions and they look like they would impede on my feet on the boards, and thats no good. I did some diggin on my local distributors website and hidden in the bumper section, low and behold I found fender protectors with built in footrests. Perfect now I have to spend more money lol, on fender protectors and a back seat now. But maybe the old lady will be happy and I can have a "BIG BOX" like CAPER lol

That sounds like the same ones that I was talking about, and I thought that they looked pretty cool and would be very functional.

Old 02-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rear Foot rest

If your a good welder you can save some $ and build your own foot pegs. get some 1/2" square tubing and heat up and bend following the body lines of your rear fender. Bolt into the rear rack and in the slot under the driver foot pegs. next take some more tubing and and a bike handle bar grip. put the grip on the tubing. make a slider to go around tubing that connects to the rack and weld ur bike handle bar peice to the slider. put a bolt through the slider that hits the tube connected to the rack so your foot pegs are now adjustable. Hope that makes some sense. Maybe I will put a pic on of my footpegs when the snow stops. Basically take a close look at some manufactured footpegs and build them yourself.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Default Rear Foot rest

Mag, (Skunk too, never saw th PICS)

Yes that would be a good idea
and/or make a little drawing in
Paint/Draw or something for
us to envision to idea. I too would
like to rig up something.

And to take the thread in a more
extended direction, beyond the
foot rest, what about the back
rest? I think the Polaris back rest
accessory is abit pricy. More than
I am willing to pay for and that includes
a full rear box with back rest too.

Any ideas on what others are using
here. My thinking is I can rig (build) the
foot rest and maybe buy something
that you all are using for back rest and
box storage. Please advise!

R'

Old 06-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

I came up with a set of passenger foot rest for my wife. The are about 8 inches high and they fold up for when she is not riding with me and they are not in my way. They are adjusted as well up or down and forward and backwards by two inches either way. I am thinking of making a few of them to put out there, I guess i am just wanting some feed back to see if it would be worth it.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:04 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by ctateusa1
I have seen them called rear fender guards, I can not remember where I saw them right off, but you should be able to search them on the internet and find it fairly easy.

"They are not made for 2 people to ride, just the operator when parked, never carry a passenger unless ATV is designed to carry passengers" website disclaimer.

Well why do they make the seats big enough for 2 people???????
For shifting your weight for up and down hills. There are significant engineering differences in a one up and a two up machine. Most importantly frame geometry, the lengthened frame keeps most of the weight of two people in front or on top of the rear axle to keep them from flipping backwards, the suspension is beefed up for body roll, this keeps a two up from leaning then tipping, the brake size is usually increased stop the extra load and a much larger seat for both the passenger and driver to shift forward and backward as needed. Watch the reports of serious accidents, see how many are two people on a one up machine. It's extremly disproportional ATV accidents keep happening because people are misusing the bikes for what they are intended.

Sorry to sound judgmental, but it's one of my ATV related safety pet peeves, since I'm on a roll...Another is when I see a half ton pickup pulling huge toyhauler loaded with toys practically doing a wheelie down the road It's obvious that it barely can steer safely, because the front tires are barely making contact with the road. The truck doesn't have the weight or brake size to stop the massive load or hold it on the road in case of cross wind, load shift or an emergency maneuver. Besides the fact, half ton truck tires are not load rated for a heavy load, making a blowout and then an out of control truck and toyhauler hurling down the road. I've seen it happen too many times while I'm on the road with my family. Rants over.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes I know they are not meant for two people but everywhere you go you see it. I do it as well but if I come to any terrain that I even think might be a little much I will go around it or have the passenger to walk through that part. I have seen what can happen, my mother was involved in a roll over right before my eyes that changed her life and is still fighting the after math of it. So I guess what I am trying to say is yes it is wrong but people do it why not make it a little bit safer for them, give the passenger a place to put their feet to help shift their weight. Still looking for more input.