Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Rear Foot rest

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Foot rest

I'm looking to get a rear box for my bike with a built in seat for the G/F to sit on. Now my question is has anyone made foot pegs for an extra rider to put thier feet on. My G/F is pretty short and she doesn't feel comfortable on the back unless she can touch bottom somewhere and theres not a lot of room just for my feet on the floorboards. Any ideas or pics would be great, Thanks Todd

Old 02-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Foot rest

I have seen them called rear fender guards, I can not remember where I saw them right off, but you should be able to search them on the internet and find it fairly easy.

"They are not made for 2 people to ride, just the operator when parked, never carry a passenger unless ATV is designed to carry passengers" website disclaimer.

Well why do they make the seats big enough for 2 people???????

Old 02-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Range Rover
Default Rear Foot rest

Hey Todd.

I have the big Kimpex seat/box on the back of my 700 EFI. I bought 4 of the lock and ride anchors and put them on the bottom of the box so I can easily put it on and remove it. It works perfectly. I even drilled a couple of holes through the fenders so I could reach through with a deep socket and easily take off the rack extension or put it back on. My wife loves this seat, and feels totally secure when riding in it. Plus there is plenty of room inside it for beers or whatever else you need to bring with you. I fabricated some cool foot rests too. I made the bracket from 1/4" aluminum with a piece of 1" pipe (about 6" long) in between for the foot rest. The back of the bracket is a rectangular plate. I used a matching plate for backing on the inside of the fender. I simply drilled 2 holes through the fender and bolted the bracket through the fender and the backing plate with two 3/8 bolts. I painted the foot rests black and put some of that 3M anti-skid tape on the pipes. They almost look like they came from the factory. To locate them on the fenders, I had my wife sit on the seat and put her feet where she'd be most comfortable and just put them on there. I know alot of the goody two shoes out there get all pi$$y when they hear about riding double, but this set-up really works well and is very stable. Only thing I may do is get some stiffer springs for the rear.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Foot rest

I agree Skunk, I dont have a rear seat box on any of my atvs, but you know what I have never lost a passenger, except on my 80cc moto 4 (I was 14 and he was 14 but weighs about 230 and 5'11 at the time) we tipped backwards on a hill because I had to down shift and we tipped up. lol

Old 02-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rear Foot rest

SKUNK
Dou you any pictures of your setup? and I guess your box won't fit with your rack extenders eh? I'm hoping to find one that will squeeze in between the extenders.
And yes I agree, the machines are not designed for 2up riding but the G/F won't drive herself otherwise I woulda kept the Scrambler for her

Old 02-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Range Rover
Default Rear Foot rest

I have a set of pegs that bolt to bars that go from the rear rack to the floor board. the pegs are adjustable. I think they are made by kimpex but I am not sure. I will try to remermber exactly and get back soon

Old 02-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rear Foot rest

tell your girlfriend if she wants to ride with you to go buy you a 800x2 deluxe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hey, it may just work

Old 02-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rear Foot rest

Originally posted by: crashby
tell your girlfriend if she wants to ride with you to go buy you a 800x2 deluxe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hey, it may just work
I don't really want the X2. It's a whole lot more bike than I need. lol I'm more lookin for more storage and a place to put a MP3 player with some speakers. and sometimes the old lady if she behaves lol

Old 02-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rear Foot rest

Tamarack makes some plastic step up rear footrests. They are similar plastic to the sp footwells and bolt on pretty easy. We sell a box at work that fits between the sp rear rack just about perfect and has a padded seat and backrest with side storage. I'll look and see what brand it is.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Default Rear Foot rest

Skunk -

I second the PICS!, Sounds very
interesting, always curious about
how I can make such things, VERY
Innovative Dude!

R'

Quick Reply: Rear Foot rest