Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

trail boss or trail blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trail boss or trail blazer

At Devrie's in Portage, MI the Trail blazers were $2769, out the door was around $2988 if I recall right. That won't help you in AZ, but it might help you to drive a harder bargain. Overall I like the Trail Blazer, of course a 2 stroke probably isn't going to last as long as a 4 stroke, but then again, there are twice as many power pulses, so they perform well for a small engine. Seem to be pretty good on gas, and the oil tank lasts about 3 gas tank fills. I run the Polaris synthetic, cause its new and under warranty. I premixed oil in the gas for the first 3 tank fulls also, even though the manual says to mix it 40:1 for the first tank, the dealer recommended doing it for the first 3 tanks. Once you get past the break in period, they don't even smoke very much, compared to the 2 strokes I remember from my youth [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] They have good ground clearance and suspension travel, we jump them in the gravel pit behind our house all the time. The get a lot of use here, and I seem to be the only one who wants to wash them, and lube the chain. They have been muddied, jumped, rolled, and they are very hard to hurt; they are quite sturdy. All that steel does make them heavier though. The ride quality is much better than our Blaster, but the Blaster is faster.

Old 03-26-2007, 01:36 AM
Trailblazer

ya, trail boss and trail blazers are flyin outta metro right now, we sold 3 of them today, there are still a bunch of trail blazers, don't know how many trail bosses. and we don't have any 6 x 8 trailers right now

Old 03-26-2007, 03:24 AM
Trailblazer

I have the 2003 Trailboss and I think it is great. Especially for trail riding. It is very comfortable and is very easy to use. I just give it gas and go. One gas tank lasts forever and with by changing the clutch springs you can make it a little more peppy. It isn't a speed demon but it gets the job done.

Greg

Old 03-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi;
The wife has the 03 trail boss and she luv's it. From the bike's I have driven this is head and shoulders above the rest for comfort and ease of driving. Swamped out the factory 22' rears for 25' mud lites for more clearance and getting through the mud, and gas thing goes forever. Can;t go wrong with this bike.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

The wife likes the Blazer more than my old Boss. It's easier for her to turn, a little more nimble. Won't go through the mud like the Boss does. You say you're looking at an 02 or 03. With the Blazer, you may want to check the compression before buying it. You don't want to buy one that needs a rebuild right off the bat.

Both are good quads. Mods available for both, but the Blazer can be made into a very fast machine.