Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

trail boss or trail blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trail boss or trail blazer

I am looking for a quad for my girlfriend aand have narrowed it down to these quads i will be buying something used like 02 03 what do you guys think will be better for her.she has rode alot in az when we go on vacation and liked both of these that i rented for her we will just be trail riding in wisconsin the trails there are old railroad tracks.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Trailblazer

Howdy Bob--
I have a 05 trailboss and really like the machine. I is my backup wheeler that I let friends ride and its ease of use is great. It is no speed demon nor the greatest mudbogger but it is the perfect bike to use for someone to learn to ride. That is not all, depending on how you ride the bike is easy to modify. If you want more topend some clutchwork and rear sprocket with fewer teeth will get you there. If you want to play in the mud then some larger tires along with clutch springs(red EPI) and a 42 tooth rear sprocket to turn them. Im getting ready to make mine a little better in the mud. If all you want is something to ride on a track or smooth conditions and mabye some jumps then the peppy trail blazer might be your ticket. Do a search for trailboss-- there are some very cool upgraded machines owned my members of this forum.
Peace out beiouchs
MH

Old 02-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

my wife really liked her trail blazer, and it also can be modded easily. i think their pretty close, maybe the t.blazer is a little more sporty looking.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

Traiblazer, I am only 13 and jumped from a 90 to this thing, att first i thought it was fast, but its not the greatest, but the ride is comfortamlble, and im finding it very easy to mod for a cheap prices!

Old 02-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have had both. The trail blazer is quicker and alot easier to mod but the Boss is more comfortable, extremley reliable, it has racks and sips gas. If you want more sport than go with the blazer, if you want more ute then go with the boss. You cant go wrong with either.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, I just bought a brand new one of each, a 2007 Trail Boss and a 2006 Trail Blazer. No more Blazers after '06 because of EPA regs. Pretty much what everyone is saying, more utility for the Boss, sport for the Blazer. Neither one is a rocket but I rarely have a need for more speed on the trail riding I do in AZ. They are both very comfortable to ride, with the Boss having a bit of an edge. I was looking for bikes for me and my 13 year old son and these two accompany each other well. We often switch back and forth and I love both bikes. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions about them.

phxflyboy

Old 03-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

I HAVE OWNED BOTH AND LIKED BOTH ,,, UTE OR SPORT ONLY <u>YOU</u> CAN DECIDE

Old 03-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

phxflyboy,what did you end up paying for the trailblazer here in the valley.otd..If
you dont mind me asking..I'm still trying to decide between both for my daughter..It mat be hard
to get the trailblazers soon....Thanks

Old 03-25-2007, 10:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, I got them at the Ride Now conglomerate (Metro Motorsports, YSA, etc.) and I got a 6' x 8' side-load Zieman trailer also. They have a special on the Trail Blazer right now for $2999 before all their ridiculous fees, because it is a 2006 and there are no 2007's because of the EPA regs on 2-strokes. The short answer to what I paid is I'm not really sure because it was all part of a package. But, the Blazer lists right now for $2999, the Boss for $3899, and the trailer for $1299, all before tax, license, fees, etc. Initial OTD price they quoted was around $11,600 but I told them that was way too high and I'd be back the next day (with my wife) if the price was right, they said it would be. I walked in, they quoted me $8900 OTD for everything, I signed the dotted line. Hope this helps, if not let me know. If interested, I could even send you to who I dealt with if you want.

phxflyboy

Old 03-25-2007, 11:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah,that seems like a decent price..It looks like you paid a couple of hundred over mfg..If i could walk out
around 3200-3300 cash for trailblazer,that would be fine..Dont like dealing with motorsports they like
to drag things out..Thanks for the info...

Quick Reply: trail boss or trail blazer