Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator 500 handlebars

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator 500 handlebars

I just bought an 06 predator and noticed that when I sit on it that I feel like I'm leaning towards the front of the 4wheeler. I know the seat is made to where you sit forward but are the handlebars too low for other people as well? It feels like my handlebars should be about 4 inches higher than they are. Does anyone make aftermarket handlebars that will raise the height any?

Old 02-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My guess is that you are used to riding a scrambler(correct?). If so......just look at the scrambler.......it looks very goofy, compared to pretty much any other sport quad. They are just made this way now.....with the low bars. In my opinion....I'd try to just get used to them(as that is what I've done).

If you don't like that.........

There are plenty of handlebar makers out there(look for one's with the "high bend"). I personally like Tag bars(google it).

Or, if you want to get real serious, you can get an extended steering stem(which would be chromeoly too). These are around 300 bucks though.

Oh, and on the bars........stock size is 7/8".....most aftermarket bars are 1 1/8".........so you'd need a new bar clamp too(if you didn't choose a 7/8" bar).

Old 02-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah I have gotten accustomed to the scrambler. I bought the scrambler about a month ago and that's all I had really gotten much seat time on. I have drove many other 4wheelers but none of them were sport quads except for a 98 warrior that I bought new and sold a long time ago and the 99 warrior I just bought and turned around and sold a couple weeks ago, and my buddies banshee. The banshee of course felt just as low as the predator but I only made a couple wide open passes on it and never tried it on the trails. I guess I just need to get adjusted to the lower ride height and the sportier feel of the predator. I really shouldn't be complaining since I just bought it a few days ago and haven't even drove it longer than 5 minutes yet. I was just used to the laid back feel of the scrambler where I can drive sitting just about straight up on the seat and not leaning forward so much like the predator. I will look into those bars you suggest and after trying it stock for a while I might make the switch. I just wanted to see if there were any options for me if I can't adapt to the lower leaned forward feeling it has stock. I know even with me feeling like I'm on the front handlebars it still wants to raise the front end without much throttle input. I haven't even gotten out of 2nd gear with it yet. But so far it feels a lot more peppy then my scrambler 500. :-)

Old 02-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

nice dude!!! Yeah, it takes some getting used to. That is for sure. Takes a lot of riding too.

Make sure you keep up on the oil changes!!! Especially the very first one(has break in oil in it). Also......use the clutch, every time! Other than those things, you should get along great!!