Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

250 Trailblazer Front Drive Sprocket

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 250 Trailblazer Front Drive Sprocket

Somehow I managed to break off some of the teeth on my front drive sprocket which caused the chain to fall off. Thankfully I was 200 ft from home! So I have a ton of questions. Is the sprocket supposed to have pl;ay side to side? I can slide it on the bearing that it is on. Is there something that I did to break it? I don't beat it or anything. It looks just like metal fatigue, it is the origional sprocket. What should I get for a new one? Are there better ones out there, maybe with better preformance? Is this a dealer fix or is it something I can do? If I can do it, how do I go about it? Should I replace the rear one while i am at it?

Old 02-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

im not sure about a bearing?? but i thought it was held on to the shaft via keyway w/ nut. i would replace both sprockets and chain. if the chain is run loose or to tight it can be hard on the teeth as well as running thru alot of mud. just my 2 cents.

Old 02-17-2007, 09:53 PM

okie i had to go throug this last summer ur better off to replace all three chain and the two sprocts (on mine) there is a c clip (snap ring) and its easy to fix if u can turn a rench u can do this.... remover the black plastic on the right side by ur foot and brake lever and u shoul be able to get at it easy enough

Old 02-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

Disregard the bearing thing. trailblazermudrunner: I see the black plastic cover and have removed it. How do i remove the brake lever? Does anyone know of a company that sells a package of all three?

Old 02-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

chain and sprockets unknown if this would work or not you'll have to check on teeth and what not.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:56 PM

u dont want to remove the lever i was just useing it as a refrence....u might also want to take the black pice of plastic that connects to the running board and the white plastic and u should have good access to the sporcet.......ummm do u want to have the stock sprocts or do u want more teeth or less teeth and it all depends on what u want like if u want to just keep it stock u can get some thro oempolaris i think ????im not sure tho i usualy just order thro mi dealer or thro mi moms kawi and yamaha dealer some time i can get better prices form her then i can thro the polaris dealer jsut some ideads nad mi to cents

Old 02-18-2007, 12:07 PM

any luck???

Old 02-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

I took a quick look at it this morning and that brake is right in the way.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:29 PM

as far as i know u cant remove the brake but u can take the sproc off from this point u should just neeed a pair of snap ring pliers and a flat head screw driver u should be able to take it off as far as i know the 96 adn the 00 tb are te same set ups as far as i know some one croect me if im ronng

Old 02-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

i replaced the frt. on my 05 tb , removed side plastic , loosened chain , removed snap ring , removed old sprocket , installed new sprocket [ got it at dealership , not that much $ ] , snap ring , tightened chain , and installed plastic back on ......

Quick Reply: 250 Trailblazer Front Drive Sprocket